Top Ten NFL Teams With the Most Fumbles in 2013
Did Your NFL Team Have Some of the Most Fumbles in 2013?
2014 NFL Off-Season
With the NBA season officially over today (congrats, Spurs Nation!) and the MLB entering the dog days of summer, there’s really not much to do but wait for NFL pre-season to get going in August. This would be a good time to take-up an outdoor activity, y’all. Anyway, we all know that fumbles can make or break any given game in the NFL, so today we’re going to break down the ten teams who fumbled the most during 2013. This might seem a wee bit boring, but I was totally surprised by some of the teams who appear on this list. It’s a little random, for instance, to see the Broncos and the Raiders sitting side-by-side in any top ten rankings.
USA TODAY Sports
1. The Buffalo Bills fumbled 32 times during the 2013 year. That’s essentially two times every game; can’t make it to the Super Bowl that way, boys.
2. The Washington Redskins, unsurprisingly with the way their 2013 season played-out, had 30 fumbles.
4. We have a three way tie for 4th place today (hence the asterisks below). The Denver Broncos had 27 fumbles on the year in 2013. This didn’t, however, seem to impact them negatively as they bowled over just about everyone on their way to Super Bowl XLVIII
(4*) 5. The Oakland Raiders also fumbled 27 times during the 2013 season. Told you it was a little weird to see the Broncs and the Raiders share a stat.
7. The New York Giants fumbled 26 times in 2013. Given the offensive debacle they experienced, especially early in the year, this shouldn’t shock anyone.
(7*) 8. The Seattle Seahawks also had 26 fumbles during their 2013 road to winning Super Bowl XLVIII. More proof that defense wins championships, perhaps (if the tape from the big game hasn’t convinced you)?
10. The Minnesota Vikings, who barely had a QB, let alone an offensive plan in 2013, fumbled 23 times. If I were them, I’d just count it as small victory to fumble fewer times than both Super Bowl teams.