Top Ten Most Field Goals Made in 2013 (By NFL Kicker)
See If Your NFL Team's Kicker Is In Today's Top Ten
2014 NFL Off-Season
We’re still working our way through 2013’s kicking stats as the week winds down. Today’s top ten list covers the kickers who made the most FGs for their teams during the 2013 season. The usual suspects are all included, though there’s not a Denver Bronco in sight (can’t remember the last time that happened while writing one of these.)
USA TODAY Sports
1. The Pats’ Stephen Gostkowski made 38 FGs last season. These 114 points were a lifesaver for Tom Brady and Co., who found themselves struggling without Gronk and other key players at the beginning of the year.
(1*) 2. Baltimore’s Justin Tucker also nailed 38 FGs in 2013. The Ravens didn’t even make the play-offs, though, despite Tucker’s efforts. Tough stuff for a club that won the Super Bowl just one year prior.
3. Adam Vinatieri, kicker for the Indianapolis Colts (and, let me tell you, we fans are thrilled a deal got inked with this man), hit 35 FGs during the 2013 year. Vinatieri’s skills were especially appreciated after Reggie Wayne went down with a torn ACL. Ouch.
4. Nick Novak, the Bolts’ kicker, scored 102 points on 34 successful kicks during the 2013 year.
5. Dan Carpenter, whose name has appeared a few times this week already, made 33 FGs for the Buffalo Bills last season. Though the Bills had to make use of Carpenter repeatedly in 2013, the addition of Sammy Watkins could change the look of their offense just a little bit this year.
(5*) 6. Mason Crosby, kicker for the Green Bay Packers, also had 33 successful FG kicks in 2013. With the QB troubles that went on in Wisconsin last year, job security definitely wasn’t a concern for Crosby.
(5*) 7. Nick Folk, who is not Nick Foles as The Lead seemed to think one time last season, kicked 33 FGs for his New York Jets in 2013. The club’s somewhat sad excuse for a receiving corps should have taken up a collection for a thank you gift for this man.
(5*) 8. Steven Hauschka, kicker for 2014’s defending Super Bowl champ Seattle Seahawks (who were also named Team of the Year last night at the ESPYs), also made 33 FGs during the 2013 season.
9. Phil Dawson, another kicker who has appeared on every list this week, kicked 32 FGs for the San Francisco 49ers during their 2013 campaign, which, once again, ended without a Super Bowl ring. Sorry, San Fran fans.
10. Jay Feely (yes, he’s still playing, folks) kicked 30 FGs for the Arizona Cardinals last year. Though Feely’s efforts didn’t go unappreciated, the club still barely missed out on a postseason berth. I expect them to be ready and rarin’ to go come Week 1.
(10*) 11. Shaun Suisham, who kicks for the Pittsburgh Steelers, helped Big Ben and Co. out with 30 FGs in 2013.