Top Ten Most Kick-Off Returns of 2013 (By NFL Player)
See Which Players Had the Most Kick-Off Returns Last Year
Happy Friday, folks! Hope everyone is gearing up for a great weekend filled with family, food, and maybe a little bit of training camp. Yesterday, we took a look at the guys who had the longest kick-off returns of the 2013 season (and in NFL history if your name is Cordarrelle Patterson.) Today, we’ll look at the boys who returned the most kicks last year. Bet you can figure out who’s leading off…
USA TODAY Sports
1. If you guessed kick-off returner extraordinaire, Devin Hester, you’re spot-on. He returned 52 kicks last year. Hester, who terrified me (and every other Colts fan in America) during Super Bowl XLI, is the Chicago Bears’ longtime kick-off return specialist. I’d argue that Hester’s the best ever at this job.
2. Record-breaking Cordarrelle Patterson comes in at today’s No. 2 spot. Patterson returned 43 kicks for the Minnesota Vikings, one of which was his incredible 109-yard play.
3. Marcus Thigpen, the Miami Dolphins usual kick-off returner, had 39 returns during the course of the 2013 season. Thigpen’s long was 50 yards, so he’s nowhere near making yesterday’s list, but that’s still nothing to sneeze at.
4. Keshawn Martin, kick-off returner for the Houston Texans, returned 36 kicks last year. Martin’s long was also a 50-yarder.
5. The Cincinnati Bengals’ Brandon Tate was called upon to return 35 kicks in 2013. Tate had one particularly impressive 71-yard return and averaged 26.1 yards.
6. Quintin Demps, who’s 95-yard return was featured in yesterday’s piece, returned a total of 33 kicks for the Kansas City Chiefs in 2013.
7. Jacoby Jones, who the Baltimore Ravens inked to a new deal just this off-season, returned 31 kicks for the club last year. Jones’s long was an impressive 77-yard run, complete with a TD.
8. Trindon Holliday, another player you might recall from yesterday, returned 28 kicks for the Denver Broncos last season. Among them was Holliday’s 105-yard TD run.
(8*) 9. Dwayne Harris, kick-off returner for the Dallas Cowboys, also returned 28 kicks in 2013. Harris’s most impressive showing was his 90-yard return that made yesterday’s list.
10. The Oakland Raiders' Taiwan Jones returned 26 kicks last year. Jones’s longest run was just 41 yards, the shortest of all the players on this list.
(10*) 11. Jordan Todman, the Jacksonville Jaguars' return guy, also had 26 kick-off returns last season. Todman’s longest play clocks-in at 59 yards.