Top Ten Most Punt Returns of 2013 (By NFL Player)
See If Your NFL Team's Punt Returner is Among the Most Prolific
2014 NFL Off-Season
We’ve almost made it to football again, folks. Just 72 hours until the pre-season officially kicks-off with the Hall of Fame game. Now, though, we’re going to continue living in the past for a few more days and look at more stats from the 2013 season. In keeping with the punt return theme we started yesterday, today’s top ten list focuses on the players that had the most punt returns last year. You’ll notice more than a few repeat names.
USA TODAY Sports
1. The Kansas City Chiefs’ Dexter McCluster is, few would argue, one of the league’s premiere punt returners. Last year, McCluster had 58 total returns for 686 yards.
2. When Golden Tate was still with the Seattle Seahawks last season, he racked-up 51 punt returns for 585 yards.
3. The No. 3 spot drops off quite a bit, with Houston Texans’ WR Keshawn Martin returning 39 punts for 345 yards.
4. Brandon Tate, WR for the Cincinnati Bengals (and older brother of Golden Tate), had 36 punt returns that totaled 336 yards in 2013.
5. Marcus Thigpen, the Miami Dolphins’ RB, returned 34 punts for 264 yards last season.
6. Tavon Austin, the St. Louis Rams player who showed my Colts what’s what in 2013, returned 33 punts for 280 yards.
(6*) 7. Patrick Peterson, CB for the Arizona Cardinals, also had 33 punt returns. Peterson amassed just 198 yards, though.
8. Antonio Brown, WR for the Pittsburgh Steelers, returned 32 punts, but totaled an impressive 409 yards on the season.
(8*) 9. Trindon Holliday, Denver Broncos wideout, also returned 32 punts. Holliday totaled a more average 271 yards, however.
10. Darren Sproles, RB for the New Orleans Saints in 2013, returned 29 punts for a grand total of 194 yards.