Top Ten All-Time NFL Sack Leaders
Find Out Which Players Hold the NFL's Top Ten Sack Records
2014 NFL Off-Season
Yesterday, we looked at the NFL’s 2013 sack leaders, but today I thought we’d take it a step further. Below, you’ll find stats for the players who have the most all-time career sacks.
USA TODAY Sports
1. DE Bruce Smith, who played 19 years in the league for both the Buffalo Bills and the Washington Redskins, had 200 sacks over the course of his illustrious career.
2. Reggie White, who tragically passed away in 2004, recorded 198 career sacks for three teams. White had 124 of his sacks with the Philadelphia Eagles (in 121 starts) and the remaining 74 came during his time with the Green Bay Packers and the Carolina Panthers.
3. Kevin Greene, who played for the St. Louis Rams, the Pittsburgh Steelers, and the Carolina Panthers, had 160 sacks over the course of his career, which ended in 1999.
4. Chris Doleman, who was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings, then played for the Atlanta Falcons, and the San Francisco 49ers before retiring a Viking in 1999, racked-up 150.5 career sacks.
5. Michael Strahan, beloved player, commentator, and newly minted 2014 Hall of Fame inductee, had 141.5 sacks over the course of his 15 year career with the New York Giants.
6. Jason Taylor, who played 15 seasons in the NFL, mainly for the Miami Dolphins (with brief year-long stints at the Redskins and the Jets), recorded 139.5 sacks before his 2011 retirement.
7. DT John Randle played 11 seasons with the Minnesota Vikings before finishing his career with 3 seasons on the Seattle Seahawks’ roster. Randle had 137.5 career sacks.
(7*) 8. Richard Dent also had 137.5 sacks during his NFL career, which began with 11 years at the Chicago Bears and ended with four one-year deals at the 49ers, the Colts, the Bears again, and the Eagles.
9. John Abraham, the only current player on this list, has already amassed 133.5 sacks in his 14 year career, which has spanned 3 teams. Abraham was drafted by the Jets, then played for the Falcons, and currently holds a spot on the Arizona Cardinals roster.
10. The original LT, OLB Lawrence Taylor, had 132.5 sacks during his 13 year career with the New York Football Giants.
(10*) 11. DE Leslie O’Neal, who also played 13 seasons in the league with 132.5 career sacks, was on the rosters of the San Diego Chargers, the St. Louis Rams, and the Kansas City Chiefs at one point or another.