Top Ten Most Playoff Appearances of All Time (By NFL Team)
Learn About the NFL Teams Who Have the Most Playoff Appearances
2014 NFL Off-Season
Only one more Sunday without regular season football, folks! I’m pretty sure I’m not alone when I say I can’t wait. All of our teams are starting out with a clean slate, but of course, the end goal is to be the best, to win the Super Bowl. The only way to get to the big game is to make the playoffs, which is often easier said than done. Today, we’re going to look at the ten NFL teams with the most playoff appearances in history. It is important to note that there was no official championship game until after the 1932 season.
USA TODAY Sports
1. The New York Giants have had 31 playoff appearances since 1925. This has led to 8 championships, 4 of which came during the Super Bowl era.
2. The Dallas Cowboys have appeared in the playoffs 30 times, winning 5 championships, all of which occurred since the Super Bowl has been in existence.
3. The Green Bay Packers have gone to the playoffs 29 times since 1921, winning an impressive 13 total championships; 4 of their titles were Super Bowls.
4. The Cleveland Browns, founded in 1936, have appeared in the playoffs 28 times; 8 of their appearances led to championships, but none have occurred since the Super Bowl era began.
5. The Pittsburgh Steelers have 27 playoff appearances since they were founded in 1933. This has earned them 6 championships, all during the Super Bowl era.
(5*) 6. The St. Louis Rams (also, the Cleveland Rams and the L.A. Rams) were founded in 1937. They’ve also had 27 playoff appearances, which have led to 5 championships, all Super Bowls.
(5*) 7. The Minnesota Vikings are the final team to appear in the playoffs 27 times. The Vikes have never managed to win a championship or a Super Bowl, though.
8. The San Francisco 49ers have had 26 playoff appearances since 1946. These appearances have netted them 5 championships, all during the Super Bowl era.
(8*) 9. The Indianapolis Colts (formerly known as the Baltimore Colts) have also earned 26 playoff berths. Since 1953, he organization has 4 championships, 2 of which were Super Bowls.
10. The Chicago Bears, who were founded in 1920, have 9 total championships, but only one of them occurred during the Super Bowl age.