Top Ten Most Passing Yards of 2014 So Far (By NFL Quarterback)
See If Your Team's NFL Quarterback Made Today's List
2014 NFL Season
With tomorrow night’s big AFC South match-up between the Colts and the Texans just around the corner, today we’re going to take a look at total passing yards so far this season. Yes, I promise these two things are connected. This is a category that Andrew Luck happens to lead (told you there’s a method to my madness.) With just over a quarter of the season gone, there are some fairly impressive numbers toward the top of this list.
USA TODAY Sports
1. As mentioned, the Indianapolis Colts’ Andrew Luck leads the NFL in passing yards thus far in 2014. Luck has thrown for 1,617 total yards.
2. Matt Ryan, QB for the Atlanta Falcons, has amassed 1,579 total yards (and that’s without practically all of his offensive line.) Props.
3. The New Orleans Saints’ Drew Brees comes in third today with 1,574 total passing yards.
4. San Diego Chargers QB Philip Rivers, who has been one of the league’s overall best QBs so far this year, has thrown for 1,443 yards to this point in the season.
5. Matthew Stafford, starting QB for the Detroit Lions, has racked-up 1,397 passing yards during the first quarter(ish) of the 2014 season.
6. The Philadelphia Eagles’ Nick Foles has thrown for 1,380 yards thus far this year.
7. Big Ben Roethlisberger, longtime QB for the Pittsburgh Steelers, is on track for a decent season, with 1,365 passing yards so far.
8. The Chicago Bears’ Jay Cutler has already thrown for 1,295 yards during the 2014 season.
9. You didn’t think you were going to get through today’s list without seeing good ol’ No. 18 did you? Nah. The Denver Broncos’ Peyton Manning has 1,293 passing yards thus far.
10. Baltimore Ravens QB Joe Flacco rounds out this top ten, with 1,290 passing yards so far. Having Steve Smith on the roster has helped with that number.