Top Ten NFL Tacklers (Through Week 5)
A Look at the 2014 NFL Season's Leading Tacklers
2014 NFL Season
Happy Week 6, folks! It’s a big one in my household (and for anyone who cares about Andrew Luck v. JJ Watt). Yesterday, we focused on passing yards, so today we’re going to flip the coin and look at the guys who are trying to stop those yards from having an impact. The top ten leading tacklers in the NFL (so far) are ranked below.
USA TODAY Sports
1. No surprise that the Carolina Panthers’ MLB Luke Kuechly leads this list. The man is a beast who has already racked-up 61 combined tackles on the season.
2. Paul Worrilow, inside lineman for the Atlanta Falcons, has 58 combined tackles thus far in 2014.
3. The Jacksonville Jaguars may still be looking for their first win, but their middle linebacker, Paul Posluszny, already has 53 tackles on the year. Golf claps for him.
4. Lavonte David, OLB for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, has amassed 52 combined tackles during the first quarter (or so) of the 2014 NFL season.
5. Detroit Lions OLB Deandre Levy has 51 combined tackles so far this year.
6. CJ Mosley, ILB for the Baltimore Ravens, has tallied 49 combined tackles already.
7. Green Bay Packers’ SS Morgan Burnett has 48 combined tackles to his name in 2014.
(7*) 8. Jerod Mayo, the New England Patriots’ middle lineman, also has 48 combined tackles through Week 5.
9. Houston Texans ILB Brian Cushing, who is surely hoping to add to his total in about 12 hours, currently has 45 combined tackles this year.
(9*) 10. AJ Hawk, the Green Bay Packers’ inside lineman, also has 45 combined tackles so far this NFL season.