Top Ten NFL Reception Leaders of 2014 (So Far)
See The NFL's Receiving Leaders As of Week 6
2014 NFL Season
Monday again, people, which means it’s time for top tens to start again. I know, I know, you can’t contain your excitement. Today, we’re going to look at the NFL reception leaders thus far this season. I figured we needed something nice and easy after yesterday. A Cowboys win at Seattle and the Browns stomping the Steelers? What is happening to this world? But that’s a subject for another day.
USA TODAY Sports
1. Chicago Bears RB Matt Forte has already been targeted 46 times this season for 376 yards. Impressive work for a guy who isn’t even technically part of the receiving corps.
2. Julio Jones, WR for the Atlanta Falcons, has caught 44 passes for an impressive 620 yards thus far in 2014.
3. Green Bay Packers wideout Jordy Nelson (who many would argue is the top receiver in the entire NFL right now) has 43 receptions for a league high 632 yards so far this season.
4. To date in 2014, Pittsburgh Steelers WR Antonio Brown has 41 receptions totaling 629 yards.
5. Tom Brady’s current favorite target, WR Julian Edelman, has caught 40 passes totaling 409 yards for the New England Patriots this year.
(5*) 6. Indianapolis Colts WR T.Y. Hilton also has 40 receptions so far during the 2014 season. Hilton’s racked-up 604 yards to boot.
7. Golden Tate, WR for the Detroit Lions, has had 38 receptions for 495 yards so far this year.
8. Thus far in 2014, Chicago Bears TE Martellus Bennett has had 36 receptions that total 364 yards.
(8*) 9. Dez Bryant, the Dallas Cowboys favorite WR, also has 36 receptions this year (4 of which were added in yesterday’s crazy win over Seattle). Bryant’s total yardage sits at 439 currently.
10. Emmanuel Sanders, Denver Broncos WR, has caught 35 of Peyton Manning’s passes for 473 total yards.
(10*) 11. Newly minted Baltimore Raven, WR Steve Smith, also has 35 receptions for a total of 573 yards.