Top Ten Most-Watched NFL Super Bowl Games
Which Super Bowls Have Had the Most Viewers?
2015 NFL Offseason
Sunday’s Super Bowl was viewed by a record number of fans around the country. But we’ll get to the deets in a minute. Today, we’re going to take a look at the top ten most-watched Super Bowls in history. As you probably guessed, many of the games are fairly recent (more people have TVs and all), but a few older match-ups are featured too. The numbers are according to Nielsen.
USA TODAY Sports
1. Super Bowl XLIX, in which the New England Patriots squeaked by the Seattle Seahawks, smashed all records with 114,400,000 viewers. That makes it the most watched program in US television history.
2. Last year’s Super Bowl XLVIII, featuring the Seattle Seahawks and the Denver Broncos, was viewed by 111,488,000 people.
3. Super Bowl XLVI, in which the New York Giants beat the New England Patriots, was watched by 111,346,000 fans.
4. When the Green Bay Packers beat the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLV, 111,041,000 people were watching it happen.
5. Super Bowl XLVII, which featured a power outage and the Baltimore Ravens besting the San Francisco 49ers, was viewed by 108,413,000 fans.
6. When the New Orleans Saints beat my Indianapolis Colts in Super Bowl XLIV, 106,476,000 people saw the game.
7. 98,732,000 viewers watched the Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Arizona Cardinals in Super Bowl XLIII.
8. There were 97,448,000 people watching as the New York Giants beat the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLII.
9. When the Dallas Cowboys beat the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XXX, 94,080,000 fans tuned-in.
10. Super Bowl XLI, which featured the Indianapolis Colts beating the Chicago Bears, had 93,184,000 viewers.