Top Ten Fastest Quarterbacks at the 2015 NFL Combine
Which QBs Had the Best 40 Times at the 2015 Combine?
2015 NFL Offseason
To round out this week in top tens, we’re going to take a look at the biggest winners and the biggest losers of the 2015 NFL Combine. Today, though, it’s all about the quarterbacks. As you read on, you’ll see the top ten 40 yard dash times among the 2015 class’s QBs. Interestingly, this list is bookended by two of the biggest names that will be on the table in Chicago.
USA TODAY Sports
1. Part of what makes Oregon QB Marcus Mariota so appealing is his sheer athleticism. Mariota showcased his legs at the Combine, clocking-in with a 4.52 40 yard dash time, the fastest among QBs.
2. Auburn QB Nick Marshall, who many believe would make an excellent pro DE, ran his 40 in 4.54 seconds.
3. Alabama QB Blake Sims had a 4.57 40 yard dash time at the 2015 Combine.
4. Nevada QB Cody Fajardo ran his 40 yard dash in 4.63 seconds.
(4*) 5. UCLA QB Brett Hundley, who had a lot to prove at this year’s Combine, also clocked-in with a 4.63 40 time.
6. South Alabama QB Brandon Bridge ran a fairly average 4.72 40 yard dash during his time on the field at Lucas Oil Stadium.
7. Southeastern Louisiana QB Bryan Bennett, who I’ve mentioned a couple of times recently, had a 4.81 40 yard dash time. By the numbers, that’s almost exactly what Peyton Manning ran in 1998.
8. Baylor QB Bryce Petty ran his 40 in 4.87 seconds.
9. East Carolina QB Shane Carden ran a relatively unimpressive 4.94 second 40 yard dash.
10. Rounding out today’s top ten is Florida State QB Jameis Winston. Winston’s time was 4.97 seconds. On the bright side, Tom Brady was clocked at a sluggish 5.28 seconds in 2000.