Top Ten Most Rushing Yards of the 2014 NFL Season (By Team)
Which NFL Teams Had the Most Rushing Yards in 2014?
2015 NFL Offseason
Since my computer decided to have a complete and utter breakdown yesterday, you get a two-fer this morning. Lucky, lucky you. Spoiler alert: We’re going to cover rushing and passing yards from the 2014 NFL season. We’ll get started with rushing. Today, we’re looking at total team yards, not individual player’s yards. But I’m sure we’ll get to that this offseason. We do, after all, have another 170-some days to fill.
USA TODAY Sports
1. Not surprisingly (hello, Beast Mode) the Seattle Seahawks lead the pack today with 2,762 rushing yards on the season.
2. The Dallas Cowboys come-in at today’s No. 2 spot with 2,354 rushing yards in 2014. I’m willing to bet they won’t rank so high without RB DeMarco Murray this coming year.
3. Actually surprisingly, the New York Jets are in today’s top five with 2,280 total rushing yards on the year.
4. The San Francisco 49ers, who are now without RB Frank Gore (Indy thanks you, Niners Nation), had 2,176 rushing yards in 2014.
5. The Houston Texans clock-in with a total of 2,161 rushing yards over the course of the 2014 regular season.
6. The Cincinnati Bengals, consistent playoff woes aside, didn’t have a bad year from a rushing standpoint. They racked-up 2,147 yards.
7. The Carolina Panthers, winners of the illustrious (note my sarcasm) NFC South, had 2,036 rushing yards last season.
8. The Baltimore Ravens had 2,019 rushing yards in 2014, primarily courtesy of RB Justin Forsett, who will be sticking around for the foreseeable future.
9. The Philadelphia Eagles racked-up 1,992 rushing yards when RB LeSean McCoy was still playing for them. I expect they’ll have even more in 2015 with DeMarco Murray in the backfield.
10. The Kansas City Chiefs round-out this top ten list with 1,918 rushing yards during the 2014 NFL season.