Top Ten Highest Scoring NFL Teams in 2014
Which NFL Teams Averaged the Most PPG in 2014?
2015 NFL Offseason
In keeping with our rundown of last year’s stats, this morning we’re going to take a look at the NFL teams that scored the most points per game during the 2014 season. We (being NFL fans at large) are fond of saying that defenses win championships, but I think you’ll find that this year’s best teams weren’t half bad on the offensive side of the ball either.
USA TODAY Sports
1. The Green Bay Packers led the pack (see what I did there?) averaging 30.4 points per game in 2014, proving just how important a healthy Aaron Rogers really is.
2. The Denver Broncos kept pace, scoring 30.1 points per game, despite Peyton Manning’s various minor injuries throughout the year.
3. The Philadelphia Eagles put-up an average of 29.6 points per game, which isn’t surprising given Chip Kelly’s penchant for running one of the fastest offenses in the league.
4. The New England Patriots, who took the Lombardi Trophy back to Boston this year, managed to score 29.3 points per game after a bit of a rough start to the season.
5. The Dallas Cowboys, thanks mainly to Dez Bryant and DeMarco Murray, racked-up 29.2 points per game in 2014.
6. The Indianapolis Colts, who look to be an offensive powerhouse again in 2015, averaged 28.6 points per game during the 2014 season.
7. The Pittsburgh Steelers scored an average of 27.3 points per game, which was just enough to help them take the 2014 AFC North title in a tight race.
8. The Baltimore Ravens couldn’t quite keep up with their division rival Steelers, scoring 25.6 points per game on average.
9. The New Orleans Saints, the only non-playoff team on today’s list, scored an 25.1 points per game over the course of a pretty painful season. Better luck next year, Big Easy.
10. The Seattle Seahawks racked-up 24.6 points per game on their way to a second consecutive Super Bowl appearance in 2014.