Top Ten Most Forced Fumbles in 2014 (By NFL Defense)
Which NFL Defenses Had the Most Forced Fumbles in 2014?
2015 NFL Offseason
Defensive stats have been the flavor of the week this week, so I figured we’d continue the theme through Friday. Today, we’re going to breakdown the NFL defenses that had the top ten (er…eleven, technically) most forced fumbles during the 2014 regular season.
USA TODAY Sports
1. The Philadelphia Eagles defense forced 26 fumbles during the course of last season. Not too shabby, boys.
2. The Indianapolis Colts, who are known far more for their offense than their defense (sad, but true), forced an impressive 24 fumbles last year.
(2*) 3. The Carolina Panthers also had 24 forced fumbles during the 2014 NFL season.
4. The Chicago Bears had 21 forced fumbles over the course of last year. It wasn’t enough to get them into the post-season, but at least their famous D showed some signs of life.
5. The Seattle Seahawks, unsurprisingly, fall into today’s top five with 20 forced fumbles in 2014.
6. The Jacksonville Jaguars, who are (actually surprisingly) appearing for the second day in a row, had 19 forced fumbles last year.