Top Ten Total Points Scored in 2014 (By NFL Offense)
Which NFL Offenses Scored the Most Total Points Last Year?
2015 NFL Offseason
Happy Tax Day, folks. Hope you’ve filed. Can we just start calling it the Ides of April? Anyway, onto business. Today, we’re going to switch gears a little from the first part of the week and take a look at the top ten highest scoring NFL offenses of the 2014 season. I doubt you’ll be too shocked by the teams that appear on this list.
USA TODAY Sports
1. Aaron Rodgers and his Green Bay Packers led the league with 486 points. Thanks for having good hands, Jordy Nelson.
2. The Denver Broncos are a close second today, with Peyton Manning leading his team to 482 points in 2014.
3. The Philadelphia Eagles scored a total of 474 over the course of last year with their old offense. We’ll see how Sam Bradford fares under center this season.
4. The New England Patriots take today’s No. 4 spot with 468 points scored last year.
5. The Dallas Cowboys fall just one point behind the Pats, putting 467 points on the board in 2014.
6. The Indianapolis Colts, led by the boy wonder Andrew Luck, scored 458 points over the course of last year.
7. The Pittsburgh Steelers, who are currently coping with the loss of two great defensive players, can at least rest easy knowing their offense can score. Big Ben and Co. had 436 points last season.
8. The Baltimore Ravens, who managed to beat their NFC North rival Steelers in the playoffs, put-up 409 points during last year’s regular season.
9. The New Orleans Saints, who looked really, really bad last year, still managed to score 401 total points, thanks mainly to Drew Brees and Jimmy Graham.
10. Speaking of Jimmy Graham, his new team, the Seattle Seahawks, takes today’s final spot with 394 points scored. I can’t wait to see how Graham fits into this offense. Sorry, Saints fans.