Schools With the Top Ten Most NFL Draftees in the Last Ten Drafts
Which Colleges Have Had the Most NFL Players Drafted in the Past Decade?
2015 NFL Offseason
We all know the college football powerhouses. The names Alabama, LSU, Texas conjure up images of Saturdays spent tailgating and watching big wins. I’m an SEC girl myself, so this morning’s top ten makes me pretty happy. We’re going to run through the schools that have had the top ten most players drafted into the NFL in the last ten drafts.
USA TODAY Sports
1. USC (that’s Southern California, not South Carolina, for the rest you SEC fans) has had 48 players taken in the NFL draft since 2007.
2. LSU has seen 43 players go in the draft in the past 8 years.
3. Georgia has had 41 draftees since their 2007 season came to a close.
4. Alabama (Roll Tide Roll…couldn’t resist) has had 36 players taken in the draft in recent years.
(4*) 5. Florida has also seen 36 of it’s football players drafted since 2007.
6. Oklahoma has had 35 players enter professional football over the last 8 years.
(6*) 7. Ohio State, the only Big Ten school on today’s list (no surprise there), has also had 35 players drafted since 2007.
8. Texas has (somehow, given the current state of their football program) had 32 players drafted in the past 8 years.
9. Clemson has had 30 players taken in the NFL draft since 2007.
(9*) 10. Florida State, the ACC’s most recent powerhouse, has also seen 30 of its players go in the draft in recent years.