Top Ten Fewest Touchbacks Per Game By 2014 NFL Teams
Which NFL Teams Had the Fewest Touchbacks Last Year?
2015 NFL Offseason
Earlier this week, we took a look at the NFL teams that had the most touchbacks per game during the 2014 season. Today, we’re going to turn the tables at run through those that had the fewest.
USA TODAY Sports
1. The San Diego Chargers had 0.6 touchbacks per game in 2014. That’s, um, less than one. So they either really enjoy running or their special teams needs some serious work.
2. The New York Jets had 1.3 touchbacks per game last season, their last under Rex Ryan’s leadership.
3. The Chicago Bears clock-in with 1.6 touchbacks per game during the 2014 regular season.
(3*) 4. The Kansas City Chiefs also had 1.6 touchbacks a game last year.
5. The Washington Redskins take today’s No. 5 spot with 1.7 touchbacks per game in 2014.
6. The Pittsburgh Steelers had 1.8 touchbacks a game during the 2014 regular season.
7. The Tennessee Titans clock-in with 1.9 touchbacks per game last year.
(7*) 8. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers also had 1.9 touchbacks a game in 2014.
9. The San Francisco 49ers had exactly 2.0 touchbacks per game last season.
10. The Oakland Raiders round-out today’s top ten with 2.1 touchbacks per game during the 2014 season.