CFB News: College Football Power Rankings As Of 10/26/14
2014 College Football
October 26, 2014
The Line: See the Latest Odds
As we enter week 10 of the 2014 college football season, here is how the top 25 power rankings look.
1. Mississippi State Bulldogs - The Mississippi State Bulldogs have been the most consistent team all season and Josh Robinson has rushed for two touchdowns in each of his last three games.
USA TODAY Sports
2. Florida State Seminoles - I’m still not a strong believer in the Florida State Seminoles, but they are undefeated and keep finding ways to win. FSU is on upset alert this Thursday against Louisville.
3. Oregon Ducks - When healthy, the Oregon Ducks have shown they’re nearly unbeatable. This week’s matchup against Stanford will be a make or break game for Oregon.
4. Alabama Crimson Tide - The Alabama Crimson Tide are starting to peak at the right time and Amari Cooper has more than 300 receiving yards and four touchdowns in his last two contests.
5. Notre Dame Fighting Irish - The Notre Dame Fighting Irish were robbed against Florida State, but still proved they can hold their own against anybody in the country. Everett Golson is a Heisman candidate if the Irish can run the table to rest of the way.
6. TCU Horned Frogs - 82 points against Texas Tech? The TCU Horned Frogs are an angry football team that knows it should be undefeated.
7. Georgia Bulldogs - The Georgia Bulldogs are slowly starting to look like an SEC contender behind running back Nick Chubb. Don’t sleep on Georgia just yet.
8. Michigan State Spartans - The Michigan State Spartans have allowed 22 or less points in six of their eight games. MSU has become the team to beat in the Big Ten.
9. Kansas State Wildcats - The Kansas State Wildcats may not be sexy, but they continue to find ways to win and avoid mistakes. Ranking in the Top 25 in points scored and points allowed, Kansas State is a dark horse playoff team.
10. Auburn Tigers - Allowing 73 points in their last two games isn’t a good sign for the Auburn Tigers. We’ll find out more about Auburn this week against Ole Miss.
11. Ole Miss Rebels - Is Hugh Freeze fired, yet? Seriously, what in the world was he thinking against LSU? Still, Ole Miss is one of the better teams in college football with the best defense.
12. Baylor Bears - We’ll see how the Baylor Bears bounce back from their loss to the West Virginia Mountaineers. Baylor has to win out to have any shot of the playoffs.
13. Arizona Wildcats - The Arizona Wildcats will be tested this week against the UCLA Bruins on the road. If Arizona can pass that test, it becomes a true Pac-12 contender.
14. West Virginia Mountaineers - I’ll just go ahead and make my prediction now by saying the West Virginia Mountaineers are going to win the Big 12.
15. Ohio State Buckeyes - With some help from the referees, the Ohio State Buckeyes survived in Happy Valley. A date with Michigan State in a couple of weeks will decide who wins the Big Ten.
16. Utah Utes - The Utah Utes have quickly become one of my favorite teams this season and a team that’s made us a lot of money. Don’t be surprised if Utah is representing the Pac-12 South in the championship game.
17. Arizona State Sun Devils - With Taylor Kelly back and a defense that’s allowed 20 points in their last two games, the Arizona State Sun Devils are quietly making a statement in the Pac-12.
18. Nebraska Cornhuskers - Ameer Abdullah has seven touchdowns in his last two games and has pretty much guaranteed himself an invite to New York for the Heisman presentation.
19. LSU Tigers - The LSU Tigers are a young football team that is slowly gaining confidence and just upset Ole Miss. This week’s game against Alabama will tell us exactly who LSU really is.
20. Clemson Tigers - The Clemson Tigers have won five straight games and are playing great on both sides of the ball. Unfortunately, that loss against Florida State will haunt them the rest of the way.
21. Oklahoma Sooners - The Oklahoma Sooners have lost both games by a combined five points. If Trevor Knight could actually play the way he did a year ago, Oklahoma would be a top five team in the country.
22. East Carolina Pirates - The East Carolina Pirates continue to win games fairly easily but are having a hard time moving up due to a weak schedule.
23. Louisville Cardinals - The Louisville Cardinals have had their fair share of hiccups but still have one of the best defenses in the country. Louisville will have its chance to shine this week against Florida State.
24. Marshall Thundering Herd - It’s about time the Marshall Thundering Herd get some love considering they’re one of three undefeated teams in the country. Rakeem Cato may be the best quarterback in college football you’ve probably never heard of.
25. UCLA Bruins - Needing overtime to beat Colorado isn’t a good look for the UCLA Bruins. UCLA can silence some of its critics with a win this week against Arizona.