Which College Football Player had the Most Receiving Touchdowns for their Career?
Photo by Ben Queen-USA TODAY Sports
A Look at the Top Ten Players for Career Receiving Touchdowns.
Top Ten Players for Career Receiving Touchdowns in College Football History.
There have been a lot of great players that have come through the college ranks, whether it was for just one season or multiple years. Which ten players had the most receiving touchdowns in their career? Let us take a look and see who the ten players are. Get winning College Football picks and College Football predictions for every game all season long at Sports Chat Place.
1. Jarett Dillard leads the way on the all time list for receiving touchdowns. Dillard hauled in 60 touchdowns from 2005-2008 for Rice. Dillard saw his best year during the 2006 season, when the receiver reeled in 21 touchdowns, while totaling 1,247 yards. The Rice receiver was drafted in the 5th round by the Jacksonville Jaguars during the 2009 draft.
2. Corey Davis had a consistent career with Western Michigan during 2013-1016 and for that the receiver ranks 2nd. Davis snagged 52 touchdowns for his career, with his best year coming during the 2016 season. The Western Michigan receiver finished his career with 5,278 yards. Davis was drafted 5th overall by the Tennessee Titans in the 2017 draft.
3. Troy Edwards ranks 3rd on the list, registering 50 touchdowns during the 1996-1998 seasons for Louisiana Tech. Edwards finished his career with 4,352 yards. The receiver saw his best year in 1998, when he recorded 27 touchdowns as a receiver. The Louisiana Tech receiver was drafted 13th overall in the 1999 draft by the Pittsburgh Steelers.
4. Darius Watts registered 47 touchdowns for Marshall during the 2000-2003 season. Watts finished his career with 4,031 yards. The Marshall receiver saw his best year during the 2001 season as a sophomore. Watts collected 18 touchdowns that year. The receiver was drafted in the 2nd round by the Denver Broncos during the 2004 season.
5. Ryan Broyles is 5th on the list after a great career with Oklahoma. The Sooners receiver had 45 touchdowns between the 2008-2011 seasons. Broyles finished his career with 4,586 yards. The Oklahoma receiver hauled in his most touchdowns in a season during the 2009 campaign (15). Broyles was drafted in the 2nd round by the Detroit Lions in the 2012 draft.
T-6. Patrick Edwards finished his Houston career with 43 touchdowns during the 2008-2011 seasons. The Houston receiver ended his career with 4,507 yards. Edwards saw his best year during the 2011 campaign, as the receiver hauled in 20 touchdowns.
T-6. Aaron Turner is tied for 6th with Edwards, after finishing his career with 43 touchdowns for Pacific, during the 1989-1992 seasons. Turner ended his career with 4,345 yards. The Pacific receiver had his best year during the 1991 season, when he collected 18 touchdowns.
T-8. Rashaun Woods is 8th on the list with 42 touchdowns. Woods played his college career at Oklahoma State from 2000-2003. The Oklahoma State wide out finished his career with 4,414 yards, while having his best year during his junior year. Woods registered 17 touchdowns during the 2002 campaign. The receiver was taken 31st overall by the San Francisco Giants in the 2004 draft.
T-8. Ryan Yarborough is tied with Woods for 9th, after recording 42 touchdowns for Wyoming during the 1990-1993 seasons. Yarborough ended his Wyoming career with 4,374 yards receiving. The Wyoming receiver was drafted in the 2nd round by the New York Jets during the 1994 draft.
T-10. There is a 5 way tie for 10th place on the list. Stedman Bailey, Davone Bess, Michael Crabtree, Dwayne Jarrett, and Taywan Taylor all finished with 41 touchdowns.
Bailey recorded 41 touchdowns for West Virginia during the 2010-2012 seasons. Bailey was drafted in the 3rd round by the St. Louis Rams during the 2013 season.
Bess hauled in 41 touchdowns for Hawaii during the 2005-2007 campaigns. Bess would play 6 years in the NFL after his time in Hawaii.
Crabtree needed just 2 years at Texas Tech to haul in his 41 touchdowns during the 2007 and 2008 season. Crabtree was drafted after his sophomore season by the San Francisco 49ers in the 2009 draft. He was drafted 10th overall.
Jarrett registered 41 touchdowns during his 3 year career at USC during the 2004-2006 seasons. Jarrett was drafted in the 2nd round by the Carolina Panthers during the 2007 draft.
Taylor collected 41 touchdowns during his college career at Western Kentucky. The receiver played his college years from 2013-2016. Taylor was drafted in the 3rd round by the Tennessee Titans in the 2017 draft.