A Look at the Top Ten Quarterbacks for Single Season Passing Touchdowns.
Top Ten Quarterbacks for Single Season Passing Touchdowns in College Football History.
There have been a lot of great players that have come through the college ranks, whether it was for just one season or multiple years. Which quarterbacks had the most passing touchdowns for a single season? Let us take a look and see who made this list. Get winning College Football picks and College Football predictions for every game all season long at Sports Chat Place.
1. Joe Burrow is the all time leader in passing touchdowns for a single season, having just broke Colt Brennan’s previous record. Burrow tossed 60 touchdowns for LSU during the 2019 season. The LSU quarterback had an incredible 2019 season, having a touchdown to interception ratio of 60 to 6. Burrow had a quarterback rating of 202.0 for his senior season.
2. Colt Brennan is 2nd on the list, after his record was broken by Burrow. Brennan threw 58 touchdowns for Hawaii during the 2006 season. The Hawaii quarterback had a great touchdown to interception ratio of 58 to 12. Brennan also added 5,549 passing yards that season.
3. David Klingler, the product of Houston during the 1990’s is 3rd on the list. Klingler collected 54 passing touchdowns for Houston during the 1990 season. The quarterback recorded 5,140 yards passing that season.
4. B.J. Symons is 4th on the list, after having a breakout season during his senior year. Symons didn’t see a whole lot of playing time till his senior year at Texas Tech. The Texas Tech quarterback is 4th, after throwing 52 touchdowns during the 2003 season. Symons had just 59 touchdowns total in his career.
T-5. Dwayne Haskins is 5th on the list, after the Ohio State product threw 50 touchdowns during the 2018 season. Haskins needed just 2 years in college to prove himself to scouts, thanks to a touchdown to interception ratio of 50 to 8 in his sophomore year. The Ohio State quarterback added 4,831 yards passing during that campaign.
T-5. Derek Carr is tied for 5th with Haskins, after throwing 50 touchdowns during the 2013 season for Fresno State. Carr only threw 8 interceptions that season, while finishing the season with 5,083 passing yards.
T-5. Sam Bradford is tied for 5th with Haskins and Carr, after throwing 50 touchdowns for Oklahoma in the 2008 season. Bradford accomplished this during his sophomore season, while throwing just 8 interceptions. The future 1st overall pick by the St. Louis Rams would go on to throw for 4,720 yards during the same season.
8. Brandon Doughty is 8th on the list, after registering 49 touchdowns through the air at Western Kentucky, during the 2014 season. Doughty passed for 4,830 yards during the season. The Western Kentucky senior had a quarterback rating of 167.1 during the 2014 campaign.
There is a 4 way tie for 9th place: Anthony Gordon, Brandon Doughty, Case Keenum, and Graham Harrell all threw 48 touchdowns for a single season.
T-9. Anthony Gordon threw 48 touchdowns for Washington State during the 2019 season. The Washington State quarterback had just one season as a starter, as he accomplished this as a senior. Gordon had a rating of 157.9 for the year.
T-9. Brandon Doughty finds himself on the list for the 2nd time, after passing for 48 touchdowns for Western Kentucky during the 2015 season. The quarterback finished with 111 touchdowns and 34 interceptions for his career.
T-9. Case Keenum passed for 48 touchdowns for Houston during the 2011 campaign. Keenum had a great career for Houston, totaling 155 touchdowns for his career. The quarterback finished with a rating of 174.0 during the 2011 season.
T-9. Graham Harrell tossed 48 touchdowns for Texas Tech during the 2007 season. Harrell attempted 713 passes during the season, in what was a pass heavy offense. The quarterback finished the 2007 year with a touchdown and interception ratio of 48 to 14.