A Look at the Top Ten Players for Receptions for a Single Season.
Top Ten Players for Receptions for a Single Season in College Football History.
There have been a lot of great players that have come through the college ranks, whether it was for just one season or multiple years. Which players had the most receptions for a single season? Let us take a look and see who made this list. Check back all season long for free college football picks and college football predictions at Sports Chat Place.
1. Zay Jones is atop the list, after having a stellar season for East Carolina during the 2016 season. Jones collected 158 receptions during the 2016 campaign. The future Buffalo Bills receiver recorded 1,746 yards receiving that season. The receiver added 8 touchdowns on the year.
2. Freddie Barnes is 2nd on the list, after collecting 155 receptions for Bowling Green State, during the 2009 season. The 155 receptions turned into 1,770 yards on the year. Jones collected 19 receiving touchdowns during the campaign.
3. Manny Hazard, the product from Houston is 3rd on the list. Hazard recorded 142 receptions during the 1989 season at Houston. The 142 receptions led to 1,689 yards receiving. The wideout registered 22 touchdowns on the season.
T-4. Jordan White, the former Western Michigan wideout is number 4. White hauled in 140 receptions during the 2011 season. The former Western Michigan receiver collected 1,911 yards via the 140 receptions. White added 17 touchdowns during the season.
T-4. Troy Edwards is tied for 4th with White, after snagging 140 receptions for Louisiana Tech. The 140 receptions came during the 1989 season, which also led to Edwards recording 1,996 yards receiving. Edwards found the end zone 27 times during the 1989 campaign.
6. Nate Burleson is number 6, after hauling in 138 receptions during the 2002 season for Nevada. Burleson made a splash during the 2002 season, going from 53 receptions to 138 in a span of 2 years. The wideout collected 1,629 yards and 12 touchdowns during the campaign.
7. Trent Taylor, the product of Louisiana Tech is 7th on the list. Taylor joins Edwards in the top 10, as receivers from Louisiana Tech. The wideout registered 136 receptions during the 2016 season. The 136 receptions led to 1,803 yards receiving and 12 touchdowns.
T-8. Michael Crabtree is 8th, after a good 2007 season with Texas Tech. The Texas Tech wideout snagged 134 receptions during the 07 campaign. As a freshman the 134 receptions led to 1,962 yards and 22 touchdowns.
T-8. Trevor Insley is tied for 8th with Crabtree, having hauled in 134 receptions during the 1999 season for Nevada. Insley crossed the 2,000 yard mark, thanks to the 134 receptions. The wideout recorded 2,060 yards and 13 touchdowns during the campaign.
T-8. Howard Twilley is tied for 8th with Crabtree and Insley, after catching 134 passes during the 1965 season for Tulsa. Twilley collected 1,779 yards receiving during the 1965 season, while also adding 16 touchdowns.