Which College Basketball Player had the Most Rebounds in a Single Season?
Photo by Rick Osentoskij-USA TODAY Sports
A Look at the Top Ten Players for Single Season Rebounds.
Top Ten Players for Single Season Rebounds in College Basketball History.
There have been a lot of great players that have come through the college ranks, whether it was for just one season or multiple years. Which players had the most rebounding for a single season? Let us take a look and see who made this list.
Get Free WINNING college basketball picks and college basketball preddictions all season at Sports Chat Place.
Let’s take a look at the ten coaches who have the most wins of all-time in college basketball.
1. Kenneth Faried is atop the list, after an outstanding career with Morehead State. Faried pulled down 508 rebounds during the 2010-2011 season. During the 2010-11 season, Faried registered 200 offensive rebounds, while grabbing 308 defensive rebounds. The Morehead State product averaged a double-double during his senior year.
2. Blake Griffin is number 2 on the list, after keeping the opposing team off the boards during the 2008-2009 season. The Oklahoma standout recorded 504 rebounds during the 2008-09 season. Griffin wasn’t as dominant as Faried on the offensive boards, but still caused chaos for other teams. Griffin registered 135 offensive rebounds, while pulling down 369 defensive boards.
3. Egidijus Mockevicius was a rebounding machine for Evansville during the 2015-16 season. The Evansville post player collected 474 rebounds during the 2015-16 season. The Lithuania native totaled 85 offensive rebounds, while registering 389 defensive rebounds.
4. Popeye Jones had a nice season during the 1990-91 campaign, pulling down 469 rebounds for Murray State. Jones averaged 14.2 rebounds per game, while totaling 1,374 rebounds for his college career.
5. Kenneth Faried rounds out the top 5, after entering the all time list for the 2nd time. Faried recorded 468 rebounds during his sophomore year at Morehead State. During the 2008-09 season, the post player collected 153 offensive rebounds, while securing 315 defensive rebounds.
6. John Bryant, the product of Santa Clara is number 6 on the list. Bryant collected 467 rebounds during the 2008-09 season. Jones averaged a double-double during his senior year. The Santa Clara post player totaled 140 offensive rebounds, while collecting 327 defensive rebounds.
7. Thomas Robinson is number 7 on the list, after having a dominant 2011-12 season for Kansas. Robinson registered 463 rebounds during the 2011-12 campaign. The Kansas product collected 113 offensive rebounds, while totaling 350 defensive rebounds. Robinson averaged 11.9 rebounds per contest.
T-8. The great Tim Duncan is number 8 on the all time list, due to his successful 1996-97 season for Wake Forest. Duncan registered 457 rebounds in 31 games during that campaign. The Wake Forest legend averaged 14.7 rebounds per game that season, while totaling 1,570 boards for his career.
T-8. Larry Johnson is tied with Duncan for 9th on the list, after collecting 457 rebounds during the 1989-90 season for UNLV. The former UNLV player averaged 11.4 rebounds per contest that season. Johnson registered 837 rebounds during two seasons at UNLV.
T-10. Kenneth Faried sneaks into the top 10 for one more time, as the former Morehead State player pulled down 456 rebounds during the 2009-10 season. Faried collected 148 offensive rebounds, while recording 308 defensive rebounds during the 2009-10 season.
T-10. Anthony Bonner is tied with Faried for 10th on the list, after a 1989-90 season where he was stellar on the boards. Bonner registered 456 rebounds for Saint Louis during the 1989-90 season. Bonner averaged 13.8 rebounds per contest for Saint Louis.