The Oklahoma Sooners and BYU Cougars meet Saturday in week 12 college football action at the LaVell Edwards Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Oklahoma Sooners Betting Preview
The Oklahoma Sooners look to win at least 9 games for the eighth time in the last 9 games. Oklahoma has lost its last 2 road games. Dillon Gabriel is completing 70.5 percent of his passes for 3,069 yards, 25 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. Drake Stoops and Nic Anderson have combined for 1,308 receiving yards and 17 touchdowns, while Jalil Farooq has 35 receptions. The Oklahoma Sooners ground game is averaging 181.8 yards per contest, and Tawee Walker leads the way with 442 yards and 6 touchdowns. Defensively, Oklahoma is allowing 19.8 points and 377.2 yards per game. Danny Stutsman leads the Oklahoma Sooners with 81 tackles, Ethan Downs has 4.5 sacks and Billy Bowman Jr. has 4 interceptions.
Oklahoma Sooners Team Facts
- Oklahoma has lost each of its last four November games as a road favorite.
- Oklahoma has failed to cover the spread in eight of its last nine road games in November.
- Oklahoma has won the first half in eight of its last 10 games against conference opponents.
- Five of Oklahoma's last six November games as a road favorite have gone UNDER the total points line.
BYU Cougars Betting Preview
The BYU Cougars look to snap a 3-game losing streak. BYU has won 4 of its last 5 home games. Kedon Slovis is completing 57.5 percent of his passes for 1,716 yards, 12 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. Chase Roberts and Isaac Rex have combined for 909 receiving yards and 6 touchdowns, while Darius Lassiter has 28 receptions. The BYU Cougars ground game is averaging 90.6 yards per contest, and LJ Martin leads the way with 494 yards and 4 touchdowns. Defensively, BYU is allowing 28.7 points and 414.2 yards per game. Max Tooley leads the BYU Cougars with 74 tackles, Tyler Batty has 4.5 sacks and Jakob Robinson has 4 interceptions.
BYU Cougars Team Facts
- BYU has won each of its last four home games against AP-ranked teams.
- BYU has covered the spread in each of its last four home games against AP-ranked teams.
- BYU has lost the first half in four of its last five games against conference opponents.
- Each of BYU's last four home games in November have gone OVER the total points line.
The Oklahoma Sooners are obviously the better team, and their offense should have a field day against a BYU defense that's 106th total and 95th in scoring. However, let's not act like the Sooners haven't been shaky over their last 5 games, which includes two losses and a couple of close calls. BYU can still clinch a bowl berth with a win and its senior day with a roster that has 17 of them. Not saying BYU wins outright, but the motivation is there to compete. Give me the free touchdowns with the Cougars.