Central Michigan Chippewas (4-4) vs NIU Huskies (4-4)
2023-10-31 19:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Central Michigan Chippewas +3.5 -- Over/Under: 45.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Northern Illinois Huskies and Central Michigan Chippewas meet Tuesday in week 10 college football action at Kelly/Shorts Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Northern Illinois Huskies Betting Preview
The Northern Illinois Huskies look for a fourth straight win to get above a .500 record. Northern Illinois has split its last 4 road games. Rocky Lombardi is completing 58.4 percent of his passes for 1,360 yards, 6 touchdowns and 4 interceptions. Kacper Rutkiewicz and Grayson Barnes have combined for 574 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns, while Trayvon Rudolph has 25 receptions. The Northern Illinois Huskies ground game is averaging 154.6 yards per contest, and Antario Brown leads the way with 676 yards and 6 touchdowns. Defensively, Northern Illinois is allowing 21.3 points and 312.8 yards per game. Raishein Thomas leads the Northern Illinois Huskies with 45 tackles, George Gumbs has 3.5 sacks and Nate Valcarcel has 3 interceptions.
Northern Illinois Huskies Team Facts
- The underdog has won each of Northern Illinois’ last four games at Kramer/Deromedi Field at Kelly/Shorts Stadium.
- Northern Illinois has failed to cover the spread in 10 of its last 11 games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Northern Illinois has lost the first half in seven of its last nine games against conference opponents.
- Seven of Northern Illinois’ last eight games as a road favorite have gone OVER the total points line.
Central Michigan Chippewas Betting Preview
The Central Michigan Chippewas look for a win to get above a .500 record. Central Michigan has won all 3 home games this season. Jase Bauer is completing 58.4 percent of his passes for 1,221 yards, 5 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. Jesse Prewitt III and Chris Parker have combined for 649 receiving yards and 6 touchdowns, while Tyson Davis has 20 receptions. The Central Michigan Chippewas ground game is averaging 138 yards per contest, and Myles Bailey leads the way with 360 yards and 3 touchdowns. Defensively, Central Michigan is allowing 29.8 points and 395 yards per game. Kyle Moretti leads the Central Michigan Chippewas with 56 tackles, Maurice White has 3.5 sacks and Elijah Rikard has 1 interception.
Central Michigan Chippewas Team Facts
- The underdog has won each of the last four games between Northern Illinois and Central Michigan at Kramer/Deromedi Field at Kelly/Shorts Stadium.
- Central Michigan has failed to cover the spread in each of its last eight October games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Six of Central Michigan’s last seven October games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Central Michigan are one of only 21 FBS teams undefeated in home games this season.
- Central Michigan has recorded the equal-most home wins by a margin of three points or less of any FBS team this season (2).
The Central Michigan Chippewas have played their best ball at home, where they’re undefeated, but they’re still a bad team across the board. Central Michigan is 104th in scoring offense and 101st in scoring defense on the season. Northern Illinois is playing its best ball of the season with 3 straight wins and its defense is probably the difference here. Northern Illinois is sixth in pass defense and is top-50 in scoring defense, allowing an average of 13.3 points during its winning streak. I’ll lay the chalk with the Huskies on the road.