The Rice Owls and the Charlotte 49ers meet in college football action from Jerry Richardson Indoor Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
Rice Drops 3rd Straight
The Rice Owls come into this one looking to snap a three-game losing skid following their 34-14 loss to UTSA last time out. JT Daniels has thrown for 2,443 yards, 21 touchdowns and 7 interceptions on 63.1% passing while Dean Connors leads the Owls on the ground with 448 rushing yards and 5 TDs and Juma Otoviano has 241 rushing yards and 4 scores as well. Luke McCaffrey has a team-high 51 receptions for 768 yards and 10 touchdowns while the aforementioned Connors and Rawson McNeill each have 350+ receiving yards as well and three more Owls have 200+ receiving yards on the year also. On defense, Plae Wyatt has a team-high 65 total tackles while Coleman Coco has a team-high 3 sacks.
Rice Owls Team Facts
- Rice has lost each of its last six road games in November.
- Rice has failed to cover the spread in five of its last six November road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Rice has lost the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents.
- Seven of Rice's last eight games as a favorite have gone OVER the total points line.
Charlotte Falls To Memphis In OT
The Charlotte 49ers come into this one looking to rebound from a 44-38 OT loss at the hands of Memphis in their last matchup. Trexler Ivey has thrown for 1,114 yards, 4 touchdowns and 8 interceptions on 56.2% passing while Jalon Jones has 623 passing yards with 2 touchdowns and 3 interceptions on 61.5% passing while also rushing for a team-high 488 yards and 4 touchdowns. Terron Kellman has 328 rushing yards while Jairus Mack has a team-high 366 receiving yards for Charlotte’s receiving group. Jack Hestera has 349 receiving yards and Colin Weber has 342 receiving yards while two more 49ers each have 200+ receiving yards as well this season. On defense, Demetrius Knight II has a team-high 77 total tackles while Eyabi Okie-Anoma has a team-high 5 sacks.
Charlotte 49ers Team Facts
- Charlotte has lost seven of its last eight home games against conference opponents.
- The road team has covered the spread in nine of Charlotte's last 10 games.
- Each of Charlotte's last three games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
I’m going to back Rice here. Not one that I love here, but I just think that you see the best from Rice here who do have the more trustworthy offense and are the only team in this matchup with any hopes of bowl eligibility remaining. Charlotte’s just found a way to shoot themselves in the foot far too many times and I just think that the Owls win this one and bag the cover here.