The TCU Horned Frogs and the Houston Cougars meet in week 3 college football action from TDECU Stadium on Saturday night.
TCU Bounces Back Vs. Nicholls State
The TCU Horned Frogs got in the win column and bounced back from their loss to Colorado to start the year thanks to a 41-6 win over FCS Nicholls State last time out. Chandler Morris has thrown for 542 yards, 4 touchdowns and 2 INTs on 69.4% passing while also rushing for 93 yards and 2 touchdowns. Emani Bailey has a team-high 231 rushing yards while Trey Sanders has 3 rushing TDs as well this season. Warren Thompson leads TCU’s receiving group with 9 catches for 110 yards. On defense, Namdi Obiazor has a team-high 15 total tackles while TCU’s defense as a whole has 7 sacks this season.
TCU Horned Frogs Team Facts
- TCU has won each of its last nine road openers.
- TCU has covered the spread in each of its last seven road openers.
- TCU has won the first half in three of its last four road games against conference opponents.
- Six of TCU's last seven September road games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Houston Comeback Falls Short Vs. Rice
The Houston Cougars trailed Rice 28-0 and forced OT, almost completing the comeback but still falling short in a 43-41 double OT loss last time out to drop to 1-1 on the year. Donovan Smith has thrown for 493 yards, 4 touchdowns and an interception on 60.5% passing while also rushing for 88 yards and 3 TDs. Tony Mathis Jr. has a team-high 98 rushing yards, while Samuel Brown has a team-high 15 catches for 244 yards. Joseph Manjack IV has 102 receiving yards while Matthew Golden has a team-high 3 receiving TDs as well this season. On defense, Malik Robinson has a team-high 13 total tackles while Nelson Ceaser has a team-high 3 sacks and Malik Fleming has a team-high 2 interceptions so far this season.
Houston Cougars Team Facts
- The underdog has won four of Houston's last five games.
- The underdog has covered the spread in each of Houston's last seven games at TDECU Stadium.
- Six of Houston's last seven games against conference opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
- Houston was one of only two FBS teams to win 4+ games when trailing at HT last season.
- Houston ranked 3rd among FBS teams for Q4 points per game last season (11.0).
- TCU ranked 5th among FBS teams for Q1 points per game last season (10.3).
- TCU was one of only six FBS teams to remain undefeated in road games last season (6-0) (min. 8 games).
I’m on the over here. I think this is going to be a wildly entertaining matchup, but it’s a matchup that features two defensive units that I don’t trust whatsoever. This has the feelings of a game that gets into the 70s at the very least, so give me the over all day in this one.