The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs and the Jacksonville State Gamecocks meet in college football action from Burgess-Snow Field on Saturday afternoon.
Louisiana Tech Loses 5th Straight
The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs come into this one looking to snap a five-game losing streak after their 42-27 loss to Sam Houston State last time out. Hank Bachmeier has thrown for 1,860 yards, 9 touchdowns and 4 interceptions on 68.1% passing while Jack Turner has thrown for 1,011 yards, 5 touchdowns and 5 interceptions on 58% passing. Tyre Shelton has 541 rushing yards to lead LA Tech in addition to 5 touchdowns while Keith Willis Jr. and Charvis Thornton each have 250+ rushing yards. Smoke Harris has a team-high 74 receptions for 735 yards while Cyrus Allen has 725 receiving yards. Kyle Maxwell has 336 receiving yards with a pair of touchdowns while Tru Edwards has 246 receiving yards. On defense, Jeslord Boateng has a team-high 86 total tackles while Myles Heard has 81 total tackles. Deshon Hall JR. has a team-high 3.5 sacks and Cedric Woods has a team-high 2 interceptions.
Louisiana Tech Bulldogs Team Facts
- Louisiana Tech has lost each of its last nine road games in November.
- Louisiana Tech has failed to cover the spread in each of its last nine away matches when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- Louisiana Tech has lost the first half in eight of its last nine road games against conference opponents.
- Nine of Louisiana Tech's last 11 November games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Jacksonville State Falls To South Carolina
The Jacksonville State Gamecocks come into this one looking to rebound from their 38-28 loss to South Carolina prior to their bye week last week. Logan Smothers has thrown for 655 yards, 6 touchdowns and 3 interceptions on 56.1% passing while Zion Webb’s thrown for 927 yards, 5 touchdowns and 4 INTs. Malik Jackson has rushed for a team-high 624 rushing yards with 4 touchdowns while Webb has 525 rushing yards and Ron Wiggins and Anwar Lewis have combined for 585 rushing yards. Perry Carter has a team-high 25 receptions for 443 receiving yards, while another two Gamecocks have 200+ receiving yards and three more have 100+ receiving yards on the year. On defense, Quae Drake has a team-high 67 total tackles while Chris Hardie has a team-high 6.5 sacks. As a unit, Jacksonville State has combined for 33 sacks and 12 interceptions this season.
Jacksonville State Gamecocks Team Facts
- Jacksonville State has won four of its last five home games.
- Jacksonville State has covered the spread in four of its last five games.
- Jacksonville State rank T34th among FBS teams for points allowed per game this season (20.7).
- Jacksonville State has recorded the equal-most home wins by a margin of three points or less of any FBS team this season (2).
I’m going to back Jacksonville State here. The wheels have fallen off of the cart for LA Tech, and Jacksonville State just keeps rolling along like it’s business as usual as their first year in FBS I would say has been a really big success. The Bulldogs losing to Sam Houston, who hadn’t beaten an FBS opponent all year, on Senior Day, was the final nail in the coffin for me. Jacksonville State’s rolling and I think they roll over LA Tech here. Give me the Gamecocks.