The UMass Minutemen and Liberty Flames meet Saturday in week 12 college football action at Williams Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
UMass Minutemen Betting Preview
The UMass Minutemen look to build on back to back victories. UMass has lost 3 of its last 4 road games. Taisun Phommachanh is completing 62.3 percent of his passes for 1,038 yards, 4 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. Anthony Simpson and George Johnson III have combined for 992 receiving yards and 6 touchdowns, while Mark Pope has 24 receptions. The UMass Minutemen ground game is averaging 154.9 yards per contest, and Kay'Ron Lynch-Adams leads the way with 1,014 yards and 9 touchdowns. Defensively, UMass is allowing 37.4 points and 416.1 yards per game. Te'Rai Powell leads the UMass Minutemen with 45 tackles, Billy Wooden has 5.5 sacks and Juan Lua has 2 interceptions.
Massachusetts Minutemen Team Facts
- Massachusetts has lost each of its last 11 road games in November.
- The underdog has covered the spread in six of Massachusetts' last seven games.
- Massachusetts has lost the first half in 26 of its last 28 road games against non-conference opponents.
- Four of Massachusetts' last five games against non-conference opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
Liberty Flames Betting Preview
The Liberty Flames look to remain undefeated on the season. Liberty look for their 11th win, their most in FBS history. Kaidon Salter is completing 59.3 percent of his passes for 2,184 yards, 26 touchdowns and 4 interceptions. CJ Daniels and Treon Sibley have combined for 1,221 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns, while Noah Frith has 11 receptions. The Liberty Flames ground game is averaging 278 yards per contest, and Quinton Colley leads the way with 1,066 yards and 9 touchdowns. Defensively, Liberty is allowing 20.7 points and 347.4 yards per game. Tyren Dupree leads the Liberty Flames with 88 tackles, Kendy Charles has 3 sacks and Brylan Green has 5 interceptions.
Liberty Flames Team Facts
- Liberty has won each of its last 10 games.
- Liberty has covered the spread in each of its last four games against non-conference opponents.
- Liberty has won the first half in eight of its last nine games against non-conference opponents.
- Liberty has won the first quarter in each of its last four games against non-conference opponents.
- Five of Liberty's last six home games against non-conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
UMass has put together a couple of wins, but it's arguably the worst defensive team in the country. UMass is 109th in total defense and 132nd in scoring defense. Not ideal when running into the Liberty Flames. Also, Liberty is not only unbeaten on the season, but is also 8-2 ATS. One of the most consistent teams in college football, there's no reason to bet against Liberty, with the tickets cashing left and right. I'll lay the points.