The SMU Mustangs and Memphis Tigers meet Saturday in week 12 college football action at Simmons Bank Liberty Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
SMU Mustangs Betting Preview
The SMU Mustangs look to build on their 6-game winning streak. The SMU Mustangs have won 3 straight road games. Preston Stone is completing 58.6 percent of his passes for 2,589 yards, 23 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. Jake Bailey and RJ Maryland have combined for 769 receiving yards and 6 touchdowns, while Jordan Hudson has 23 receptions. The SMU Mustangs ground game is averaging 188.5 yards per contest, and Jaylan Kinghton leads the way with 640 yards and 5 touchdowns. Defensively, SMU is allowing 16.4 points and 290.8 yards per game. Kobe Wilson leads the SMU Mustangs with 53 tackles, Elijah Roberts has 8.5 sacks and Isaiah Nwokobia has 2 interceptions.
SMU Mustangs Team Facts
- The favorite has won each of SMU's last 10 games.
- SMU has failed to cover the spread in each of its last seven road games in November.
- SMU has won the first half in each of its last six games against conference opponents.
- SMU has won the first quarter in each of its last six games against conference opponents.
- Each of SMU's last three games as a favorite against Memphis have gone UNDER the total points line.
Memphis Tigers Betting Preview
The Memphis Tigers look to build on their 4-game winning streak. Memphis has won 4 of its last 5 home games. Seth Henigan is completing 66.3 percent of his passes for 2,864 yards, 22 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. Roc Taylor and Demeer Blankumsee have combined for 1,448 receiving yards and 8 touchdowns, while Blake Watson has 43 receptions. The Memphis Tigers ground game is averaging 155.8 yards per contest, and Blake Watson leads the way with 909 yards and 12 touchdowns. Defensively, Memphis is allowing 28.9 points and 416.3 yards per game. Chandler Martin leads the Memphis Tigers with 77 tackles, CorMontae Hamilton has 2 sacks and Cameron Smith has 3 interceptions.
Memphis Tigers Team Facts
- The favorite has won each of Memphis' last 17 games.
- Memphis has failed to cover the spread in seven of its last eight games.
- Memphis has won the first quarter in each of its last three games against conference opponents.
- Memphis has won the first half in three of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- Seven of Memphis' last eight games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
This line doesn't make much sense. Yes, SMU is the better and more balanced team, but let's not act like Memphis is chopped liver. The Memphis Tigers have won 4 straight games, have a top-10 scoring offense, and they've won 7 of the last 10 games against SMU. Also, this is senior night for Memphis, a squad that has 17 seniors on the roster. We're getting a hook on top of a free touchdown? I have to take it. Give me Memphis and the points.