Nebraska Cornhuskers (4-3) vs Purdue Boilermakers (2-5)
2023-10-28 15:30:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Nebraska Cornhuskers -2.5 -- Over/Under: 39.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Purdue Boilermakers and the Nebraska Cornhuskers meet in week 9 college football action from Memorial Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
Purdue Drops Back-To-Back Games
The Purdue Boilermakers come into this game off of their bye week, but prior to the bye, Purdue fell to Ohio State 41-7. Hudson Card has thrown for 1,617 yards, 7 touchdowns and 5 interceptions on 60.6% passing while Devin Mockobee has a team-high 478 rushing yards with 4 TDs and Tyrone Tracy Jr. has 296 rushing yards with 5 touchdowns. Deion Burks has a team-high 27 grabs for 418 yards with 5 touchdowns while Abdur-Rahmaan Yaseen each have 300+ receiving yards as well. On defense, Dillon Thieneman has a team-high 62 total tackles and 3 interceptions while Kydran Jenkins has a team-high 5 sacks and Nic Scourton has 4.5 sacks this season.
Purdue Boilermakers Team Facts
- Purdue has won three of its last four games as an underdog against Nebraska.
- Purdue has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four games in October.
- Purdue has lost the first half in five of its last six games against conference opponents.
- Twelve of Purdue’s last 14 road games in October have gone UNDER the total points line.
Nebraska Downs Northwestern
The Nebraska Cornhuskers come into this one winning 4 of their last 5 games after a 17-9 win over Northwestern last time out. Heinrich Haarberg has thrown for 716 yards, 5 touchdowns and 4 interceptions on 51.3% passing while also rushing for a team-high 424 yards and 4 touchdowns. Anthony Grant has 302 rushing yards and 3 TDs and another three Cornhuskers have 100+ rushing yards. Billy Kemp IV leads Nebraska’s receiving group with 21 grabs for 216 yards while three more Cornhuskers have 100+ receiving yards as well. On defense, Isaac Gifford has a team-high 45 total tackles while Nash Hutmacher and Jimari Butler each have a team-high 4 sacks and Luke Reimer has 3.5 sacks this season.
Nebraska Cornhuskers Team Facts
- The favorite has won each of Nebraska’s last nine games at Memorial Stadium.
- The underdog has covered the spread in seven of the last eight games between Purdue and Nebraska.
- Nebraska has won the first half in three of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- Each of Nebraska’s last four October games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
I’m on Nebraska here. Purdue is rested, and a lot of their recent losses have been against tough teams, but I’m not investing a whole lot into that. Nebraska’s playing well defensively and the offense has been able to do enough since Haarberg took over the starting role. I think this ends up being a game that Nebraska wins 20-13 or 17-13, so give me the Huskers laying the points.