The Jacksonville State Gamecocks and New Mexico State Aggies meet Saturday in week 13 college football action at Aggie Memorial Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out our Jacksonville State vs New Mexico State Prediction.
Jacksonville State Gamecocks Betting Preview
The Jacksonville State Gamecocks have won 6 of their last 8 games. Jacksonville State are coming off a beatdown of LA Tech last week. Zion Webb is completing 48.8 percent of his passes for 1,033 yards, 5 touchdowns and 4 interceptions. Perry Carter and Sean Brown have combined for 735 receiving yards and 8 touchdowns, while Quinton Lane has 21 receptions. The Jacksonville State Gamecocks ground game is averaging 245.6 yards per contest, and Malik Jackson leads the way with 817 yards and 6 touchdowns. Defensively, Jacksonville State is allowing 20.4 points and 353.1 yards per game. Quae Drake leads the Jacksonville State Gamecocks with 75 tackles, Chris Hardie has 6.5 sacks and Kekoura Tarnue has 3 interceptions.
Jacksonville State Gamecocks Team Facts
- Jacksonville State has won each of its last three games against conference opponents.
- Jacksonville State has covered the spread in each of its last four games.
- Jacksonville State has won the first quarter in three of its last four games against conference opponents.
- Each of Jacksonville State's last four road games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
New Mexico State Aggies Betting Preview
The New Mexico State Aggies look to build on their 7-game winning streak. New Mexico State beat up on Auburn last week for their ninth win of the year. Diego Pavia is completing 60.5 percent of his passes for 2,458 yards, 22 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. Jonathan Brady and Trent Hudson have combined for 866 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns, while Eli Stowers has 29 receptions. The New Mexico State Aggies ground game is averaging 206.8 yards per contest, and Pavia leads the way with 738 yards and 5 touchdowns. Defensively, New Mexico State is allowing 19.9 points and 364.8 yards per game. Keyshaun Elliott leads the New Mexico State Aggies with 83 tackles, Buddha Peleti has 4.5 sacks and Torren Union has 1 interception.
New Mexico State Aggies Team Facts
- New Mexico State has won each of its last seven games.
- New Mexico State has covered the spread in each of its last nine games.
- New Mexico State has won the first half in seven of its last nine home games against conference opponents.
- Each of New Mexico State's last eight games as a home underdog have gone UNDER the total points line.
You can make a case for either side here, as both Jacksonville State and New Mexico State have been winning and covering numbers. With that said, New Mexico State is at home, hasn't lost since September 23 and its defense has made positive strides during this winning stretch. It's a toss up and a must-watch CFB game overall, but getting free points with the home team feels like where the value is at.