The Minnesota Golden Gophers and Ohio State Buckeyes meet Saturday in week 12 college football action at Ohio Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Minnesota Golden Gophers Betting Preview
The Minnesota Golden Gophers look to get above a .500 record and become bowl eligible. Minnesota has made a bowl game in 4 of the last 5 seasons. Athan Kaliakmanis is completing 52.2 percent of his passes for 1,582 yards, 13 touchdowns and 7 interceptions. Daniel Jackson and Corey Crooms Jr. have combined for 1,015 receiving yards and 7 touchdowns, while Brevyn Spann-Ford has 23 receptions. The Minnesota Golden Gophers ground game is averaging 160.4 yards per contest, and Darius Taylor leads the way with 591 yards and 4 touchdowns. Defensively, Minnesota is allowing 25.8 points and 364 yards per game. Maverick Baranowski leads the Minnesota Golden Gophers with 52 tackles, Danny Striggow has 6 sacks and Tyler Nubin has 4 interceptions.
Minnesota Golden Gophers Team Facts
- Minnesota has lost each of its last seven November road games against AP-ranked teams.
- Minnesota has failed to cover the spread in four of its last five games against AP-ranked teams.
- Each of Minnesota's last five games as an underdog against top-15 AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Ohio State Buckeyes Betting Preview
The Ohio State Buckeyes look to stay undefeated and remain the best team in college football. The Ohio State Buckeyes are 5-0 SU at home this season. Kyle McCord is completing 66.3 percent of his passes for 2,687 yards, 20 touchdowns and 4 interceptions. Marvin Harrison Jr. and Cade Stover have combined for 1,571 receiving yards and 16 touchdowns, while Emerka Egbuka has 27 receptions. The Ohio State Buckeyes ground game is averaging 138.6 yards per contest, and TreVeyon Henderson leads the way with 648 yards and 8 touchdowns. Defensively, Ohio State is allowing 9.9 points and 262.3 yards per game. Tommy Eichenberg leads the Ohio State Buckeyes with 73 tackles, JT Tuimoloau has 4 sacks and Steele Chambers has 1 interception.
Ohio State Buckeyes Team Facts
- Ohio State has won each of its last 47 home games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Ohio State has covered the spread in each of its last four games at Ohio Stadium.
- Ohio State has won the first quarter in 22 of its last 26 games against conference opponents at Ohio Stadium.
- Ohio State has won the first half in 19 of its last 20 games against conference opponents at Ohio Stadium.
- Six of Ohio State's last seven games as a favorite have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Ohio State rank 2nd among FBS teams for points allowed per game this season (9.9).
- The Ohio State are one of only 11 FBS teams undefeated in road games this season.
The Minnesota Golden Gophers getting blown out on the road here wouldn't surprise anybody, as their offense is awful, ranked 113th in total offense and 102nd in scoring. However, this is the first time Minnesota has been an underdog of 28 or more points since its 2018 meeting against Ohio State. As talented as Ohio State is, we did see it allow Penn State, Wisconsin, and Rutgers to hang around. Also, a look ahead spot for Ohio State, with Michigan on deck. This could be a win and get out situation. Give me the Golden Gophers and the free touchdowns.