The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets and Ole Miss Rebels meet Saturday in week 3 college football action at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Betting Preview
The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets look for a statement win on the road to get above a .500 record. Georgia Tech looks for its fourth win over a ranked team since 2021. Haynes King is completing 65.6 percent of his passes for 603 yards, 7 touchdowns and 1 interception. Malik Rutherford and Chase Lane have combined for 250 receiving yards and 1 touchdown, while Eric Singleton Jr. has 5 receptions. The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets ground game is averaging 221.5 yards per contest, and Jamal Haynes leads the way with 164 yards and 1 touchdown. Defensively, Georgia Tech is allowing 26 points and 382.5 yards per game. Kyle Kennard leads the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets with 12 tackles, K.J. Wallace has 3 pass deflections and Clayton Powell-Lee has 1 interception.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Team Facts
- Georgia Tech has lost each of its last seven games against opponents from the Southeastern Conference.
- The underdog has covered the spread in each of Georgia Tech's last six games.
- Georgia Tech has lost the first half in each of its last six games against opponents from the Southeastern Conference.
- Six of Georgia Tech's last seven games have gone OVER the total points line.
Ole Miss Rebels Betting Preview
The Ole Miss Rebels look for another win after beating Mercer and Tulane the first two weeks. Ole Miss looks for its third straight 3-0 start to a season. Jaxson Dart is completing 70 percent of his passes for 601 yards, 6 touchdowns and 1 interception. Tre Harris and Jordan Watkins have combined for 359 receiving yards and 5 touchdowns, while Dayton Wade has 8 receptions. The Ole Miss Rebels ground game is averaging 116 yards per contest, and Quinshon Judkins leads the way with 108 yards and 3 touchdowns. Defensively, Ole Miss is allowing 13.5 points and 288.5 yards per game. Ashanti Cistrunk leads the Ole Miss Rebels with 10 tackles, Cedric Johnson has 1 sack and Daijahn Anthony has 1 interception.
Ole Miss Rebels Team Facts
- Ole Miss has won each of its last 13 September games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The team ranked 17th in the AP Poll has failed to cover the spread in six of its last seven games.
- Ole Miss has won the first quarter in seven of its last eight games against non-conference opponents at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium.
- Ole Miss has won the first half in each of its last eight games against non-conference opponents at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium.
- Four of Ole Miss' last five games against non-conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Ole Miss ranked 7th among FBS teams for Q1 points per game last season (10.1).
- Ole Miss was one of only 14 FBS teams to lose 3+ games when leading at HT last season.
- Georgia Tech was one of only 17 FBS teams with a better road winning percentage (.500) than home winning percentage (.333) last season (min. 8 games).
- Georgia Tech was one of only 20 FBS teams to win 3+ games when trailing at HT last season.
Ole Miss is the more talented team obviously and could run away with things against a spotty Georgie Tech defense. However, this is a bit of a look ahead spot for Ole Miss with Alabama on deck. Also, Georgia Tech has shown explosiveness offensively through 2 games, and that includes having the ninth-best total offense and the 22nd best rushing attack. Georgia Tech can move the ball and chew the clock, which makes it hard to blow this team out. Lot of points. Give me the Yellow Jackets to hang around.