The Washington Huskies and the Oregon State Beavers meet in college football action from Reser Stadium on Saturday night.
Washington Remains Unbeaten
The Washington Huskies come into this one looking to remain unbeaten after improving to 10-0 on the year after a 35-28 win over Utah last time out. Michael Penix Jr. has thrown for 3,533 yards, 28 touchdowns and 7 interceptions on 68% passing while Dillon Johnson leads the Huskies in rushing with 790 yards and 11 touchdowns. Rome Odunze leads the Huskies with 59 receptions for 1,100 yards and 9 touchdowns while Ja’Lynn Polk has 55 receptions for 943 yards and 8 TDs as well. Germie Bernard and Jalen McMillan each have 300+ receiving yards while Jack Westover has 260 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns. Three more Huskies have 100+ receiving yards on the year. On defense, Dominique Hampton has 69 total tackles to lead the Huskies while Washington’s defense as a whole has combined for 13 sacks and 11 interceptions.
Washington Huskies Team Facts
- Washington has won each of its last 17 games.
- The team ranked 5th in the AP Poll has failed to cover the spread in seven of its last eight games.
- Washington has won the first half in each of its last six road games against conference opponents.
- Washington has won the first quarter in each of its last five games against conference opponents at Reser Stadium.
- Each of Washington's last four games in November have gone OVER the total points line.
Oregon State Routs Stanford
The Oregon State Beavers come into this one looking to build on a 62-17 win over Stanford in their last matchup. DJ Uiagalelei has thrown for 2,254 yards, 20 touchdowns and 4 interceptions on 58.6% passing while also rushing for 6 touchdowns. Damien Martinez leads Oregon State’s running backs with 1,024 rushing yards and 7 TDs while Deshaun Fenwick has 497 rushing yards and 5 TDs. Anthony Gould leads the Beavers’ receiving group with 599 receiving yards while Silas Bolden has 598 receiving yards with a team-high 42 receptions and 4 touchdowns as well. Jack Velling has 418 receiving yards with a team-high 8 TDs and another three Beavers have 100+ receiving yards as well on the year. On defense, Easton Mascarenas-Arnold has a team-high 88 total tackles with 2 sacks and 2 interceptions while Andrew Chatfield Jr. has a team-high 9 sacks and John McCartan has 4.5 sacks. As a unit, Oregon State has combined for 36 sacks and 12 interceptions.
Oregon State Beavers Team Facts
- Oregon State has won each of its last nine games at Reser Stadium.
- Oregon State has covered the spread in each of its last 12 home games against conference opponents.
- Oregon State has won the first quarter in each of its last seven home games against conference opponents.
- Oregon State has won the first half in nine of its last 10 home games against conference opponents.
- Each of the last four games between Washington and Oregon State have gone UNDER the total points line.
I’m on the over big here. It’s really hard to split a side here as Washington’s still in the mix for the playoffs but Reser Stadium is such a hard place to go on the road and compete let alone win, but one thing’s for sure. This Washington pass attack can shred Oregon State through the air as that’s the one place that Oregon State’s been susceptible. Great against the run, not so much against the pass. On the flipside, Oregon State’s offense is consistently good across the board and Washington’s defense has been inconsistent as well, so I think we have a bit of an entertaining affair brewing here. Give me the over.