The Rutgers Scarlet Knights and Penn State Nittany Lions meet Saturday in week 12 college football action at Beaver Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Rutgers Scarlet Knights Betting Preview
The Rutgers Scarlet Knights look for a win after splitting their last 8 games. Rutgers has lost 3 of its last 4 road games. Gavin Wimsatt is completing 48.2 percent of his passes for 1,356 yards, 8 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. Christian Dremel and JaQuae Jackson have combined for 721 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns, while Isaiah Washington has 16 receptions. The Rutgers Scarlet Knights ground game is averaging 169.7 yards per contest, and Kyle Monangai leads the way with 942 yards and 7 touchdowns. Defensively, Rutgers is allowing 18.3 points and 295 yards per game. Deion Jennings leads the Rutgers Scarlet Knights with 75 tackles, Aaron Lewis has 3 sacks and Max Melton has 2 interceptions.
Penn State Nittany Lions Team Facts
- Penn State has won each of its last 19 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Penn State has covered the spread in each of its last eight November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Penn State has won the first half in eight of its last nine home games against conference opponents.
- Penn State has won the first quarter in four of its last five home games against conference opponents.
- Seven of Penn State's last eight November home games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Penn State Nittany Lions Betting Preview
The Penn State Nittany Lions look for a win after splitting their last 4 games. Penn State has won 5 of its last 6 home games. Drew Allar is completing 61.6 percent of his passes for 1,965 yards, 21 touchdowns and 1 interception. KeAndre Lambert-Smith and Theo Johnson have combined for 907 receiving yards and 9 touchdowns, while Tyler Warren has 25 receptions. The Penn State Nittany Lions ground game is averaging 172.3 yards per contest, and Kaytron Allen leads the way with 645 yards and 4 touchdowns. Defensively, Penn State is allowing 13.1 points and 239.7 yards per game. Curtis Jacobs leads the Penn State Nittany Lions with 43 tackles, Adisa Isaac has 6.5 sacks and Daequan Hardy has 2 interceptions.
Rutgers Scarlet Knights Team Facts
- Rutgers has lost each of its last eight games in November.
- Rutgers has failed to cover the spread in each of its last eight games against AP-ranked teams.
- Rutgers has lost the first half in eight of its last nine road games against conference opponents.
- Each of Rutgers' last four November games against AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
The Penn State Nittany Lions are the more talented, balanced team at home, so they should be favored for obvious reasons. However, this is a boatload of points to throw a feisty Rutgers team that has a top-20 defense. We've seen Rutgers put up a fight against Wisconsin and Ohio State. Penn State should win, obviously, but this should be another physical Big Ten game that's somewhat competitive. Give me Rutgers and the points.