The San Diego State Aztecs and the San Jose State Spartans meet in college football action from the CEFCU Stadium on Saturday night.
San Diego State Loses 3rd Straight
The San Diego State Aztecs come into this one looking to snap a three-game losing streak following a 22-19 loss to Colorado State last time out. Jalen Mayden has thrown for 1,725 yards, 9 touchdowns and 7 interceptions on 63.3% passing while also rushing for a team-high 411 yards and 4 touchdowns. Kenan Christon has 336 rushing yards while Jaylon Armstead has 273 rushing yards and 6 touchdowns. Mark Redman has a team-high 32 receptions for 353 yards and 3 TDs while Mekhi Shaw has 332 receiving yards. Two more Aztecs have 200+ receiving yards as well on the year. On defense, Zyrus Fiaseu has a team-high 62 total tackles and 5.5 sacks while Cedarious Barfield has a team-high 4 interceptions.
San Diego State Aztecs Team Facts
- San Diego State has won nine of its last 10 games against San Jose State.
- The road team has covered the spread in each of San Diego State's last four games.
- San Diego State has won the first half in each of its last four games against conference opponents at CEFCU Stadium.
- Each of San Diego State's last four November games as a road underdog against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
San Jose State Gets Back To .500
The San Jose State Spartans come into this one on a four-game win streak after a 42-18 win over Fresno State last time out. Chevan Cordeiro has thrown for 2,135 yards, 16 touchdowns and 3 interceptions on 60.3% passing while Kairee Robinson has 919 rushing yards and a team-high 15 touchdowns. Quali Conley has 592 rushing yards with 7 touchdowns as well and Nick Nash has a team-high 41 receptions for 568 receiving yards and 8 touchdowns. Dominick Mazotti has 287 receiving yards while another three receivers have 200+ receiving yards as well on the year. On defense, Bryun Parham has a team-high 77 total tackles while Tre Smith has a team-high 5.5 sacks and Jay’Vion Cole has a team-high 3 interceptions as well on the year.
San Jose State Spartans Team Facts
- The favorite has won each of San Jose State's last 12 games at CEFCU Stadium.
- The favorite has covered the spread in each of San Jose State's last six games.
- San Jose State has won the first quarter in each of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- San Jose State has won the first half in three of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- Four of the last five games between San Diego State and San Jose State have gone UNDER the total points line.
- San Jose State rank 26th among FBS teams for points per game this season (33.9).
I’m rolling with San Jose State here. The Spartans are on fire right now, especially offensively, and they have everything going for them from a team that looked dead in the water to a team that’s one win away from a bowl game. This Aztec team is not the same San Diego State team of years past and they’ve taken some bad losses as of late. I think San Jose State deals them another one here. Give me the Spartans.