The Cal Golden Bears and Stanford Cardinal meet Saturday in week 12 college football action at Stanford Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Cal Golden Bears Betting Preview
The Cal Golden Bears need a win after losing 5 of their last 7 games. Cal has lost 3 straight road games. Fernando Mendoza is completing 61.1 percent of his passes for 975 yards, 8 touchdowns and 4 interceptions. Jeremiah Hunter and Trond Grizzell have combined for 900 receiving yards and 7 touchdowns, while Taj Davis has 32 receptions. The Cal Golden Bears ground game is averaging 188.9 yards per contest, and Jaydn Ott leads the way with 1,014 yards and 10 touchdowns. Defensively, Cal is allowing 37 points and 432.2 yards per game. Kaleb Elarms-Orr leads the Cal Golden Bears with 73 tackles, David Reese has 4 sacks and Nohl Williams has 2 interceptions.
California Golden Bears Team Facts
- California has lost each of its last eight road games against conference opponents.
- California has failed to cover the spread in seven of its last eight road games against conference opponents.
- California has lost the first half in each of its last eight road games against conference opponents.
- Each of California's last six road games have gone OVER the total points line.
Stanford Cardinal Betting Preview
The Stanford Cardinal need a win after losing 7 of their last 9 games. Stanford has lost all 5 home games this season. Ashton Daniels is completing 59.6 percent of his passes for 1,907 yards, 10 touchdowns and 7 interceptions. Elic Ayomanor and Tiger Bachmeier have combined for 1,280 receiving yards and 7 touchdowns, while Benjamin Yurosek has 16 receptions. The Stanford Cardinal ground game is averaging 118.1 yards per contest, and Justin Lamson leads the way with 246 yards and 4 touchdowns. Defensively, Stanford is allowing 36.9 points and 456.4 yards per game. Gaethan Bernadel leads the Stanford Cardinal with 66 tackles, David Bailey has 5 sacks and Scotty Edwards has 2 interceptions.
Stanford Cardinal Team Facts
- Stanford has lost each of its last eight home games in November.
- Stanford has failed to cover the spread in 17 of its last 18 games in November.
- Stanford has lost the first half in each of its last six games against conference opponents.
- Each of Stanford's last nine home games in November have gone OVER the total points line.
I considered the Stanford Cardinal and the points because it's senior night, but couldn't pull the trigger. I can't back Cal on the road as a favorite because of no defense. In fact, neither Cal nor Stanford plays defense. The Cal Golden Bears are 118th in total defense and 130th in scoring defense. The Stanford Cardinal are 131st in total defense and 129th in scoring defense. Cal has seen the over hit in 7 of its 10 games. I expect some fireworks. Give me the over.