The Baylor Bears and TCU Horned Frogs meet Saturday in week 12 college football action at Amon G. Carter Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Baylor Bears Betting Preview
The Baylor Bears look to snap a 3-game losing streak. Baylor has won 2 of its last 3 road games. Blake Shapen is completing 61.2 percent of his passes for 1,991 yards, 12 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. Monaray Baldwin and Drake Dabney have combined for 1,044 receiving yards and 9 touchdowns, while Ketron Jackson Jr. has 24 receptions. The Baylor Bears ground game is averaging 111.1 yards per contest, and Dominic Richardson leads the way with 428 yards on 98 carries. Defensively, Baylor is allowing 32.4 points and 400.6 yards per game. Matt Jones leads the Baylor Bears with 65 tackles, Byron Vaughns has 3 sacks and Caden Jenkins has 3 interceptions.
Baylor Bears Team Facts
- Baylor has lost each of its last five games in November.
- The road team has covered the spread in seven of Baylor's last eight games.
- Baylor has lost the first half in six of its last seven games against conference opponents.
- Each of Baylor's last eight road games against conference opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
TCU Horned Frogs Betting Preview
The TCU Horned Frogs also need to snap a 3-game losing streak. TCU has split its last 6 home games. Chandler Morris is completing 65.8 percent of his passes for 1,513 yards, 12 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. Savion Williams and JP Richardson have combined for 934 receiving yards and 7 touchdowns, while Jared Wiley has 32 receptions. The TCU Horned Frogs ground game is averaging 157.8 yards per contest, and Emani Bailey leads the way with 1,006 yards and 5 touchdowns. Defensively, TCU is allowing 24.8 points and 394.6 yards per game. Namdi Obiazor leads the TCU Horned Frogs with 76 tackles, Paul Oyewale has 3 sacks and Bud Clark has 2 interceptions.
TCU Horned Frogs Team Facts
- TCU has won nine of its last 10 November home games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The home team has covered the spread in each of TCU's last five games.
- TCU has lost the first half in four of its last five games against conference opponents.
- Five of TCU's last six games as a favorite have gone UNDER the total points line.
The TCU Horned Frogs are the better team, they're at home, and they need to win out to become bowl eligible. Baylor's season is done, so I can understand the large number. However, TCU isn't playing well enough to deserve to be double-digit favorites. TCU still has issues finishing drives offensively and is 89th in total defense as well as 103rd against the pass. Baylor can still throw the football with success and move the ball. Big number for two teams that are limping toward the finish line. Give me Baylor and the points.