The West Virginia Mountaineers and TCU Horned Frogs meet Saturday in week 4 college football action at Amon G. Carter Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
West Virginia Mountaineers Betting Preview
The West Virginia Mountaineers look for a fourth straight win to improve to 4-1 on the year. West Virginia has lost 4 of its last 5 road games. Garrett Greene is completing 55.3 percent of his passes for 402 yards, 4 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. Hudson Clement and Kole Taylor have combined for 342 receiving yards and 5 touchdowns, while Devin Carter has 8 receptions. The West Virginia Mountaineers ground game is averaging 189.5 yards per contest, and CJ Donaldson Jr. leads the way with 287 yards and 3 touchdowns. Defensively, West Virginia is allowing 18.5 points and 311 yards per game. Lee Kpogba leads the West Virginia Mountaineers with 29 tackles, Tomiwa Durojaiye has 2.5 sacks and Beanie Bishop Jr. has 2 interceptions.
West Virginia Mountaineers Team Facts
- West Virginia has won each of its last three games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- West Virginia has covered the spread in six of its last seven games against TCU.
- West Virginia has lost the first half in eight of its last nine games against conference opponents.
- Seven of West Virginia's last eight games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
TCU Horned Frogs Betting Preview
The TCU Horned Frogs also look for their fourth straight victory. TCU has won 10 of its last 11 home games. Chandler Morris is completing 68.8 percent of his passes for 1,117 yards, 9 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. JP Richardson and Warren Thompson have combined for 344 receiving yards and 1 touchdown, while Jaylon Robinson has 11 receptions. The TCU Horned Frogs ground game is averaging 208.3 yards per contest, and Emani Bailey leads the way with 483 yards and 2 touchdowns. Defensively, TCU is allowing 20.3 points and 377.5 yards per game. Namdi Obiazor leads the TCU Horned Frogs with 33 tackles, Paul Oyewale has 3 sacks and Bud Clark has 2 interceptions.
TCU Horned Frogs Team Facts
- TCU has won each of its last seven games against conference opponents at Amon G. Carter Stadium.
- TCU has covered the spread in four of its last five games against conference opponents at Amon G. Carter Stadium.
- Each of the last four games between West Virginia and TCU at Amon G. Carter Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
The TCU Horned Frogs have bounced back nicely from its opening loss to Colorado, and the defense has made major strides. West Virginia has issues finishing drives offensively, the passing attack isn't great, and the lack of consistent drives puts the defense in a lot of tough situations. I question if West Virginia has the offensive firepower to keep up with a TCU team that's scored 34 or more points in all 4 games this season. I'll lay the chalk with the Horned Frogs at home.