The North Texas Mean Green and the Tulsa Golden Hurricane meet in college football action from Chapman Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
North Texas Drops 4th Straight
The North Texas Mean Green come into this one looking to rebound from a 4th consecutive loss following a 45-21 loss to SMU last time out. Chandler Rogers has thrown for 2,685 yards, 23 touchdowns and 4 interceptions on 63.2% passing while Ayo Adeyi has a team-high 764 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns. Oscar Adaway III has 409 rushing yards with 5 TDs and Isaiah Johnson has 229 rushing yards with 3 TDs. Ja’Mori Maclin has a team-high 46 grabs for 825 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns while Roderic Burns has 37 receptions for 432 yards and 4 scores. Damon Ward has 393 receiving yards while Trey Cleveland and Blair Conwright each have 300+ receiving yards and two more receivers with 150+ receiving yards. On defense, Jordan Brown has a team-high 72 total tackles while North Texas’ defense as a whole has combined for 14 sacks and 9 interceptions.
North Texas Mean Green Team Facts
- North Texas has lost each of its last five road games against conference opponents.
- North Texas has covered the spread in five of its last six games.
- North Texas has lost the first half in each of its last four games against conference opponents.
- Five of North Texas' last six November games as a road favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Tulsa Loses 5th In A Row
The Tulsa Golden Hurricane will be looking to snap a five-game losing streak after a 24-22 loss to Tulane last time out. Cardell Williams has thrown for 1,149 yards, 10 touchdowns and 7 interceptions on 59.8% passing while Anthony Watkins has rushed for 668 yards and 3 TDs. Bill Jackson also has 311 rushing yards and Jordan Ford’s logged 294 rushing yards as well on the year. Kamdyn Benjamin leads Tulsa with 33 receptions for 491 yards and 4 touchdowns while Devin Williams has 399 receiving yards and Marquis Shoulders has 283 receiving yards and a team-high 5 touchdowns. Carl Chester also has 280 receiving yards as well on the year. On defense, Kendarin Ray has a team-high 100 total tackles while Ben Kopenski has a team-high 5.5 sacks and Owen Ostroski has 4 sacks as well. Jaise Oliver also leads Tulsa with 3 interceptions this season.
Tulsa Golden Hurricane Team Facts
- Tulsa has lost each of its last five games.
- Tulsa has failed to cover the spread in eight of its last nine games at Chapman Stadium.
- Tulsa has lost the first half in four of its last five games against conference opponents.
- Each of Tulsa's last four November games as a home underdog have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Tulsa has suffered the equal-most road losses by a margin of 30+ points of any FBS team this season (2).
- Tulsa has suffered the equal-most road losses by a margin of five points or less of any FBS team this season (2).
- North Texas rank 29th among FBS teams for points per game this season (33.4).
- North Texas has suffered the equal-most road losses by a margin of 10 points or less of any FBS team this season (3).
I’m backing North Texas here. I get the case to be made for Tulsa at home, but these are two teams that struggle with defense, and when they face off I’d rather back the side that has the better offense and for my money that’s the Mean Green. A home underdog is worth a look in a lot of spots, but not this one in my eyes. Give me North Texas.