The Temple Owls and Tulsa Golden Hurricane meet Thursday in week 5 college football action at Chapman Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Temple Owls Betting Preview
The Temple Owls look for their first road win to get above a .500 record. Temple hasn’t won a road game since September 2021. E.J. Warner is completing 53.5 percent of his passes for 1,000 yards, 5 touchdowns and 4 interceptions. Amad Anderson Jr. and Dante Wright have combined for 482 receiving yards and 1 touchdown, while Zae Baines has 12 receptions. The Temple Owls ground game is averaging 107.5 yards per contest, and Joquez Smith leads the way with 191 yards and 1 touchdown. Defensively, Temple is allowing 26.8 points and 378.5 yards per game. Tywan Francis leads the Temple Owls with 32 tackles, Diwun Black has 1.5 sacks and Dominick Hill has 2 pass deflections.
Temple Owls Team Facts
- Temple has lost each of its last 13 road games against conference opponents.
- Temple has covered the spread in five of its last six games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Temple has lost the first half in 12 of its last 15 games against conference opponents.
- Eight of Temple's last nine September games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Tulsa Golden Hurricane Betting Preview
The Tulsa Golden Hurricane look for their second home win to get above a .500 record. Tulsa has split its last 8 home games. Cardell Williams is completing 58.5 percent of his passes for 596 yards, 5 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. Marquis Shoulders and Devan Williams have combined for 397 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns, while Kamdyn Benjamin has 8 receptions. The Tulsa Golden Hurricane ground game is averaging 172.3 yards per contest, and Anthony Watkins leads the way with 243 yards and 1 touchdown. Defensively, Tulsa is allowing 32.5 points and 426.5 yards per game. Kendarin Ray leads the Tulsa Golden Hurricane with 38 tackles, Ben Kopenski has 2 sacks and Kanion Williams has 1 interception.
Tulsa Golden Hurricane Team Facts
- The favorite has won each of Tulsa's last nine games at Chapman Stadium.
- Tulsa has failed to cover the spread in each of its last six games at Chapman Stadium.
- Tulsa has lost the first half in four of its last five games against conference opponents.
- Each of Tulsa's last four September games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
- Tulsa ranked 12th among FBS teams for Q2 points per game last season (11.8).
- Tulsa ranked 22nd among FBS teams for Q4 points allowed per game last season (5.0).
The Temple Owls are one of the worst offensive teams in the league, and their defense is 118th against the run. In its biggest games against Rutgers and Miami, Temple scored a combined 14 points. The Tulsa Golden Hurricane have won both games they're supposed to win, and their two losses came against Washington and Oklahoma, so there's no shame over here. Tulsa is the better team that's at home and battle tested. I'll take the Golden Hurricane by a touchdown.