The Temple Owls and UAB Blazers meet Saturday in week 12 college football action at Protective Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Temple Owls Betting Preview
The Temple Owls need a win after losing 6 of their last 7 games. Temple hasn’t won a road game since September 2021. E.J. Warner is completing 58.1 percent of his passes for 2,423 yards, 19 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. Amad Anderson Jr. and David Martin-Robinson have combined for 935 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns, while Zae Baines has 29 receptions. The Temple Owls ground game is averaging 96.5 yards per contest, and Joquez Smith leads the way with 311 yards and 1 touchdown. Defensively, Temple is allowing 34.9 points and 435.1 yards per game. Jordan Magee leads the Temple Owls with 78 tackles, Diwun Black has 3.5 sacks and Tywan Francis has 2 interceptions.
Temple Owls Team Facts
- Temple has lost each of its last 16 road games against conference opponents.
- Temple has covered the spread in each of its last five November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Temple has lost the first half in seven of its last eight games against conference opponents.
- Six of Temple's last seven November games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
UAB Blazers Betting Preview
The UAB Blazers need a win after losing 7 of their last 9 games. The UAB Blazers have won 3 of their last 5 home games. Jacob Zeno is completing 74.8 percent of his passes for 2,595 yards, 17 touchdowns and 9 interceptions. Tejhaun Palmer and Amare Palmer have combined for 1,056 receiving yards and 8 touchdowns, while Jermaine Brown Jr. has 35 receptions. The UAB Blazers ground game is averaging 144.3 yards per contest, and Brown Jr. leads the way with 534 yards and 9 touchdowns. Defensively, UAB is allowing 37.4 points and 420 yards per game. Michael Moore leads the UAB Blazers with 63 tackles, Desmond Little has 4.5 sacks and Keondre Swoopes has 3 interceptions.
UAB Blazers Team Facts
- UAB has won each of its last 10 November games as a home favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The home team has covered the spread in four of UAB's last five games.
- UAB has won the first quarter in each of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- Nine of UAB's last 10 home games against conference opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
I'm not running to the window to lay chalk with either of these losing teams, but there's no doubt UAB is the better side. The Temple Owls are one of the worst teams in the country on both sides of the ball, including being 111th in total defense and 124th in scoring defense. UAB has at least a top-20 passing offense and has 5 covers compared to Temple's 3. If forced to bet this game, I'll lay the points with UAB.