The UCLA Bruins and the USC Trojans meet in college football action from the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on Saturday afternoon.
UCLA Loses Back-To-Back Games
The UCLA Bruins come into this one looking to shake off a 17-7 loss at the hands of Arizona State last time out. Dante Moore has thrown for 1,344 yards, 10 touchdowns and 7 interceptions on 52% passing while Ethan Garbers has thrown for 786 yards, 5 touchdowns and 3 INTs on 68.1% passing. Carson Steele leads the Bruins with 745 rushing yards and 6 TDs while TJ Harden has 533 rushing yards and 5 scores. Logan Loya leads UCLA’s receiving group with 40 grabs for 502 yards and 4 TDs while J. Michael Sturdivant has 428 receiving yards with 3 scores as well. Moliki Matavao has 226 receiving yards while six more Bruins have 100+ receiving yards as well this season. Darius Muasau leads UCLA’s defense with 59 total tackles while Laiatu Latu has a team-high 11 sacks and Gabriel Murphy has 6 sacks. Muasau also has 4 sacks while Alex Johnson has a team-high 4 interceptions.
UCLA Bruins Team Facts
- UCLA has lost each of its last nine November games as a road underdog.
- UCLA has failed to cover the spread in each of its last five games in November.
- UCLA has lost the first half in four of its last five road games against conference opponents.
- Seven of UCLA's last eight games against conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
USC Stumbles Vs. Oregon
The USC Trojans come into this one looking to rebound from back-to-back losses and losses in 4 of their last 5 games after a 36-27 loss to Oregon last time out. Caleb Williams has thrown for 3,249 yards, 29 touchdowns and 4 interceptions on 67.9% passing while MarShawn Lloyd has a team-high 803 rushing yards with 9 touchdowns. Austin Jones has 411 rushing yards with 6 TDs and the aforementioned Williams has 11 rushing TDs as well this season. Tahj Washington leads USC in receiving with 47 grabs for 915 yards and 6 touchdowns while Brenden Rice has 37 grabs for 644 yards and a team-high 11 touchdowns. Mario Williams has 301 receiving yards while four more Trojans have 200+ receiving yards and another three have 100+ receiving yards. On defense, Mason Cobb has a team-high 72 total tackles. Jamil Muhammad has a team-high 6 sacks while Solomon Byrd has 5 sacks and Romello Height has 4 sacks this season.
USC Trojans Team Facts
- USC has won each of its last 16 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- USC has failed to cover the spread in seven of its last eight games.
- USC has lost the first half in four of its last five games against conference opponents.
- Fourteen of USC's last 15 games as a favorite have gone OVER the total points line.
- USC rank 3rd among FBS teams for points per game this season (43.8).
- UCLA rank T9th among FBS teams for points allowed per game this season (16.4).
I’m leaning towards UCLA here. It may not feel like it to some, but at a certain point, I have to wonder how much motivation USC truly has in a spot like this. To go from a team that was a contender for a national title, to what USC has become, I just don’t know how we get to that point, but it’s happened. UCLA hasn’t had a great year either, but I feel they’re showing some fight at least despite disappointing in each of the last two weeks. I think this one could come down to a field goal, so I’ll take the points with UCLA here.