USC Trojans (7-2) vs Washington Huskies (8-0)
2023-11-04 19:30:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: USC Trojans +3.5 -- Over/Under: 75.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Washington Huskies and the USC Trojans meet in week 10 college football action from the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on Saturday.
Washington Remains Unbeaten, Claims Top-5 Spot In CFB Rankings
The Washington Huskies come into this one looking to build on their 42-33 win over Stanford in their last game, improving to 8-0 on the year and holding on to the #5 ranking in the CFP rankings. Michael Penix Jr. has thrown for 2,945 yards, 24 touchdowns and 6 interceptions on 69% passing while Dillon Johnson leads the Huskies in rushing with 430 yards and 6 touchdowns. Rome Odunze leads the Huskies with 51 receptions for 907 yards and 7 touchdowns while Ja’Lynn Polk has 46 receptions for 836 yards and 7 TDs as well. Jalen McMillan has 311 receiving yards and Germie Bernard has 274 receiving yards while three more Huskies have 100+ receiving yards on the year. On defense, Edefuan Ulofoshio has 57 total tackles to lead the Huskies while Washington’s defense as a whole has combined for 10 sacks and 9 interceptions.
Washington Huskies Team Facts
- Washington has won each of its last 15 games.
- The team ranked 5th in the AP Poll has failed to cover the spread in each of its last six games.
- Washington has won the first half in seven of its last eight games against conference opponents.
- Washington has won the first quarter in five of its last six road games against conference opponents.
- Each of Washington’s last four November road games against AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
USC Narrowly Escapes Cal
The USC Trojans come into this one looking to build on a 50-49 win over Cal in their last game, improving to 7-2 on the year. Caleb Williams has thrown for 2,646 yards, 25 touchdowns and 4 interceptions on 68.2% passing while MarShawn Lloyd has a team-high 766 rushing yards with 8 touchdowns. Austin Jones has 258 rushing yards with 5 TDs and the aforementioned Williams has 9 rushing TDs as well this season. Tahj Washington leads USC in receiving with 35 grabs for 711 yards and 5 touchdowns while Brenden Rice has 30 grabs for 519 yards and a team-high 9 touchdowns. Four more Trojans have 200+ receiving yards and another four have 100+ receiving yards. On defense, Jaylin Smith has a team-high 56 total tackles while Mason Cobb has 55 total tackles. Jamil Muhammad has a team-high 6 sacks while Solomon Byrd has 5 sacks and Romello Height has 4 sacks this season.
USC Trojans Team Facts
- USC has won 11 of its last 12 games at United Airlines Field at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
- USC has failed to cover the spread in each of its last six games.
- Each of USC’s last eight games against AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
I’m on the over here. I know it’s a sky high total, but this just feels like a game where it could come down to which team gets the first stop if one is made at all. This much of a lack of defense makes me feel like I did when that LSU/Ole Miss game happened a couple of weeks ago, and that finished 55-49. I think we’re headed for a 42-38 kind of game, so give me the over.