Wake Forest Demon Deacons (3-0) vs Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (1-2)
2023-09-23 18:30:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Wake Forest Demon Deacons -4 -- Over/Under: 60
(Get latest betting odds)
The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets and Wake Forest Demon Deacons meet Saturday in week 4 college football action at Allegacy Federal Credit Union Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Betting Preview
The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets look for their first road win to get back to a .500 record. Georgia Tech has split its last 6 road games. Haynes King is completing 66.7 percent of his passes for 910 yards, 9 touchdowns and 1 interception. Eric Singleton Jr. and Malik Rutherford have combined for 379 receiving yards and 3 touchdowns, while Christian Leary has 10 receptions. The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets ground game is averaging 203.3 yards per contest, and Jamal Haynes leads the way with 236 yards and 1 touchdown. Defensively, Georgia Tech is allowing 33.3 points and 438.3 yards per game. Kyle Kennard leads the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets with 15 tackles, Eddie Kelly has 1 sack and Clayton Powell-Lee has 1 interception.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Team Facts
- Georgia Tech has lost seven of its last eight road games in September.
- The underdog has covered the spread in six of Georgia Tech’s last seven games.
- Georgia Tech has lost the first half in each of its last four road games against conference opponents.
- Seven of Georgia Tech’s last eight games have gone OVER the total points line.
Wake Forest Demon Deacons Betting Preview
The Wake Forest Demon Deacons look for a third home win to remain undefeated on the season. Wake Forest looks for its second 4-0 start in the last 3 years. Mitch Griffis is completing 61.9 percent of his passes for 837 yards, 8 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. Jahmal Banks and Taylor Morin have combined for 399 receiving yards and 5 touchdowns, while Wesley Grimes has 8 receptions. The Wake Forest Demon Deacons ground game is averaging 161 yards per contest, and Demond Claiborne leads the way with 269 yards and 1 touchdown. Defensively, Wake Forest is allowing 20.3 points and 324.7 yards per game. Jacob Roberts leads the Wake Forest Demon Deacons with 31 tackles, Jasheen Davis has 4.5 sacks and DaShawn Jones has 2 interceptions.
Wake Forest Demon Deacons Team Facts
- Wake Forest has won each of its last 14 home games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Wake Forest has covered the spread in 12 of its last 14 games against conference opponents at Allegacy Federal Credit Union Stadium.
- Wake Forest has won the first half in seven of its last nine games against conference opponents at Allegacy Federal Credit Union Stadium.
- Four of Wake Forest’s last five games in September have gone OVER the total points line.
- Wake Forest ranked T12th among FBS teams for Q3 points per game last season (9.3).
- Wake Forest ranked T12th among FBS teams for Q2 win percentage last season (.692).
- Georgia Tech was one of only 17 FBS teams with a better road winning percentage (.500) than home winning percentage (.333) last season (min. 8 games).
- Georgia Tech was one of only 20 FBS teams to win 3+ games when trailing at HT last season.
This line is rather surprising when you consider the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets haven’t played much defense, and that includes being ranked 131st against the run. The Wake Forest Demon Deacons are a talented group with a good quarterback, and while you can argue about the subpar schedule through 3 games, they’ve won the games they’re supposed to. Wake Forest is a balanced club, and you can argue this line should be steeper than it is currently. Give me the Demon Deacons and the soft line.