Washington Huskies (1-0) vs Tulsa Golden Hurricane (1-0)
2023-09-09 17:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Washington Huskies -37.5 -- Over/Under: 64.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Tulsa Golden Hurricane and Washington Huskies meet Saturday in week 2 college football action at Husky Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Tulsa Golden Hurricane Betting Preview
The Tulsa Golden Hurricane look for another win after beating up on APB in their season opener. Tulsa has a shot at its first 2-0 start since the 2015 season. Cardell Williams is completing 92.9 percent of his passes for 233 yards, 3 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. Marquis Shoulders and Devan Williams have combined for 193 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns, while Luke Mcgary has 2 receptions. The Tulsa Golden Hurricane ground game is averaging 260 yards per contest, and Jordan Ford leads the way with 110 yards and 1 touchdown. Defensively, Tulsa is allowing 7 points and 252 yards per game. Ben Kopenski leads the Tulsa Golden Hurricane with 10 tackles, Ben Kopenski has 2 sacks and Kanion Williams has 1 interception.
Tulsa Golden Hurricane Team Facts
- Tulsa has lost each of its last seven road openers.
- Tulsa has covered the spread in each of its last 10 road games against AP-ranked teams.
- Tulsa has won the first half in six of its last seven games against non-conference opponents.
- Tulsa has won the first quarter in three of its last four games against non-conference opponents.
- Each of Tulsa’s last three games against AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Washington Huskies Betting Preview
The Washington Huskies also look for another win after smacking Boise State last week. Washington looks for its fifth 2-0 start in the last 8 years. Michael Penix Jr. is completing 72.5 percent of his passes for 450 yards, 5 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. Rome Odunze and Ja’Lynn Polk have combined for 233 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns, while Jalen McMillan has 8 receptions. The Washington Huskies ground game is averaging 138.4 yards per contest, and Will Nixon leads the way with 48 yards on 6 carries. Defensively, Washington is allowing 25.7 points and 362.9 yards per game. Dominique Hampton leads the Washington Huskies with 7 tackles, Edefuan Ulofoshio has 1 sack and Kamren Fabiculanan has 1 interception.
Washington Huskies Team Facts
- Washington has won each of its last eight games.
- Washington has covered the spread in each of its last six games against non-conference opponents
- Washington has won the first half in each of its last 17 games against non-conference opponents at Husky Stadium.
- Washington has won the first quarter in 15 of its last 16 games against non-conference opponents at Husky Stadium.
- Each of Washington’s last eight home games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
- Washington ranked 3rd among FBS teams for Q3 points per game last season (10.7).
- Washington ranked 3rd among FBS teams for H2 points per game last season (20.0).
- Tulsa ranked 12th among FBS teams for Q2 points per game last season (11.8).
- Tulsa ranked 22nd among FBS teams for Q4 points allowed per game last season (5.0).
We knew the Washington Huskies were going to be big favorites, as they’re a top-10 team and have a talent edge on both sides of the ball. Tulsa could get stomped and forgotten in this game. However, this is a boatload of points, and it’s actually just the 10th time since 2016 Washington has been favorites of 30 or more points. This is the first time Tulsa has been an underdog of 30 or more points since 2015. Also, there’s a look ahead spot with Washington having to go to Michigan State next week. Cardell Williams also looked sharp in his first career game at quarterback, weak competition or not. This is just a ton of points. Give me Tulsa.