Washington Huskies (9-0) vs Utah Utes (7-2)
2023-11-11 15:30:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Washington Huskies -9.5 -- Over/Under: 55.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Utah Utes and the Washington Huskies meet in week 11 college football action from Husky Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
Utah Demolishes Arizona State
The Utah Utes come into this game looking to build on a 55-3 beatdown win over Arizona State last time out, improving to 7-2 on the year. Bryson Barnes has thrown for 930 yards, 8 touchdowns and 5 interceptions on 58.9% passing while Nate Johnson’s thrown for 499 yards and 3 TDs on 54.2% passing. Ja’Quinden Jackson leads the Utes with 598 rushing yards while Jaylon Glover has 359 rushing yards this season. Devaughn Vele leads Utah with 29 receptions for 33 yards while Money Parks and Mikey Matthews each have 200+ receiving yards as well this season. On defense, Levani Damuni has a team-high 49 total tackles while Jonah Elliss has a team-high 11.5 sacks. Cole Bishop and Lander Barton each have a pair of interceptions as well this season.
Utah Utes Team Facts
- The team ranked 13th in the AP Poll has lost four of its last five games.
- The favorite has covered the spread in five of Utah’s last six games.
- Each of Utah’s last five November games against top-15 AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Washington Knocks Off USC
The Washington Huskies come into this game fresh off of a 52-42 win over USC in their last matchup. Michael Penix Jr. has thrown for 3,201 yards, 26 touchdowns and 7 interceptions on 69.4% passing while Dillon Johnson has a team-high 686 rushing yards and 10 touchdowns. Rome Odunze has a team-high 56 receptions for 989 yards and 7 touchdowns while Ja’Lynn Polk has 51 grabs for 888 yards and 8 touchdowns. Jalen McMillan has 311 receiving yards with 3 scores and Germie Bernard has 288 receiving yards as well this season. On defense, Dominique Hampton has a team-high 64 total tackles while Zion Tupuola-Fetui has a team-high 3.5 sacks.
Washington Huskies Team Facts
- Washington has won each of its last 16 games.
- Washington has covered the spread in each of its last four games in November.
- Washington has won the first half in eight of its last nine games against conference opponents.
- Washington has won the first quarter in three of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- Seven of Washington’s last eight games against top-15 AP-ranked teams at Husky Stadium have gone OVER the total points line.
I’m leaning towards Utah and the points here. I think the Utes will be one of the best defenses that the Huskies will have faced so far, and I can still see Washington winning by a touchdown, but the Huskies also don’t have the strongest defensive unit, and we saw Utah and a subpar pair of QBs take out USC on the road just a few weeks ago. There’s also huge implications in this game, so I’m expecting a tight, cagey affair here. Give me Utah and the points.