Washington Huskies (11-0) vs Washington State Cougars (5-6)
2023-11-25 16:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Washington Huskies -16.5 -- Over/Under: 67.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Washington State Cougars smoked Colorado last week and need a win here to become bowl eligible. The Washington Huskies hope to improve to 12-0 on the year and stay in the CFB Playoff hunt. Let’s preview this game and give out a Washington State Cougars vs Washington Huskies football prediction.
Washington State Cougars Betting Preview
The Washington State Cougars have lost 6 of their last 7 games but have one more chance to clinch a bowl berth. Washington State has made a bowl in 8 of the last 9 seasons. Cameron Ward is completing 66.7 percent of his passes for 3,415 yards, 22 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. Josh Kelly and Lincoln Victor have combined for 1,589 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns, while Kyle Williams has 56 receptions. The Washington State Cougars ground game is averaging 86.7 yards per contest, and Nakia Watson leads the way with 257 yards and 4 touchdowns. Defensively, Washington State is allowing 28.5 points and 397 yards per game. Kyle Thornton leads Washington State with 80 tackles, Brennan Jackson has 7 sacks and Sam Lockett III has 2 interceptions.
Washington State Cougars Team Facts
- Washington State has lost seven of its last eight November games against AP-ranked teams.
- Washington State has failed to cover the spread in each of its last six matches as an underdog when playing with a rest advantage.
- Washington State has lost the first half in each of its last three road games against conference opponents.
- Eight of Washington State’s last nine road games against top-15 AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Washington Huskies Betting Preview
The Washington Huskies haven’t lost a game since October 8 of last year. Washington looks to win 12 games for the third time in school history. Michael Penix Jr. is completing 66.5 percent of his passes for 3,695 yards, 30 touchdowns and 7 interceptions. Rome Odunze and Ja’Lynn Polk have combined for 2,149 receiving yards and 19 touchdowns, while Germie Bernard has 27 receptions. The Washington Huskies ground game is averaging 124.5 yards per contest, and Dillon Johnson leads the way with 879 yards and 11 touchdowns. Defensively, Washington is allowing 23.2 points and 401.8 yards per game. Dominique Hampton leads the Washington Huskies with 80 tackles, Bralen Trice has 4 sacks and Jabbar Muhammad has 3 interceptions.
Washington Huskies Team Facts
- Washington has won each of its last 18 games.
- Washington has covered the spread in each of its last six November games as a favorite against Washington State.
- Washington has won the first quarter in four of its last five home games against conference opponents.
- Washington has won the first half in nine of its last 11 games against conference opponents.
- Each of Washington’s last four November games as a favorite have gone OVER the total points line.
The Washington Huskies are obviously the better team and could blow the doors off if things go well. However, Washington State isn’t a bad team, as it has a top-5 passing attack and is a top-35 scoring offense. Washington State needs this game to become bowl eligible, and I’m sure a win to prevent a rival from going to the playoffs would make its season even more. Also, Washington State has covered 7 of the last 10 meetings against Washington. The Cougars find ways to hang around in these games. Give me the points.