Fantasy Football News and Updates: NFL 2013 Week 3 Injury Report and Updates
Jason's Midweek Injury Report
September 19, 2013
Midweek Injury Report
Chris Humphreys-USA TODAY Sports
1. Ryan Clady - First Peyton Manning loses his starting center in the preseason and now he has lost his blindside protector. Clady was a major piece of the Broncos’ offensive machine. Peyton should continue to be a stellar fantasy quarterback, but the Broncos’ offensive will have to make some adjustments to overcome the loss of Clady.
2. Russell Okung - Russell Wilson has also lost his left tackle, but it does not appear Okung will be out for the season; however, there is no timetable for his return at this moment. The Seahawks are a very tough team and Wilson is a very mobile QB so the Seahawks should be ok moving forward, especially this week at home against Jacksonville.
3. Steven Jackson - Steven Jackson will miss 2-4 weeks with a hip injury and so the Falcons will have to turn to their bench. Jacquizz Rodgers is the fantasy favorite at the moment, but Jason Snelling played well last week when Jackson went down and Snelling is the bigger back. It would not be surprising if Snelling outperforms Rodgers this week.
4. Dwayne Allen - Allen is out for the year and this means Coby Fleener is going to get all the tight end targets for the Colts. Since Fleener’s competition for targets is out for the year, Fleener has the opportunity to become a solid fantasy play.
5. Brandon Weeden - Weeden is out due to a thumb injury, and he may not get another chance to play for the Browns. Brian Hoyer is taking over in Cleveland, and this move could possibly affect the value of the Browns' receivers, in particularly Jordan Cameron. However, the bigger impact on the Browns' offense comes from the loss of Trent Richardson.
6. Eddie Lacy - Lacy suffered a concussion early in last week's game, and James Starks took full advantage of this opportunity. Starks will get the start this week. Lacy may get cleared to play as well, but if he does, he won’t see much, if any, time on the field.
Other Injuries: Must Check Gameday Status
1. Ray Rice - Hip injury, probably won’t practice at all this week
benefactor - Bernard Pierce
2. Reggie Bush - Knee injury, has a 50-50 chance to play
benefactor - Joique Bell
3. Daryl Richardson - Foot injury, was in a walking boot on Wednesday
benefactor - Isaiah Pead
4. Rashard Mendenhall - Toe injury, did not practice on Wednesday
benefactor - Alfonzo Smith, Andre Ellington
5. Maurice Jones-Drew - Ankle injury, did not practice Wednesday
benefactor - Justin Forsett
6. Bilal Powell - Illness missed practice Wednesday
benefactor - Chris Ivory
1. Larry Fitzgerald - Hamstring injury, not practicing
2. T.Y. Hilton - Groin injury, limited practice
3. Vernon Davis - Hamstring, did not practice
4. Roddy White - Ankle injury, limited practice
5. Julio Jones - Knee injury, limited practice
6. Dez Bryant - Back Spasms, did not practice
7. Andre Johnson - Concussion, did not practice
8. Kendall Wright - Concussion, did not practice
For Fantasy Football Updates and Insights follow Jason on Twitter @TheSuperCommish