Fantasy Football News and Updates: 2013 NFL Week 8 Gameday Injury Report
Jason's Fantasy Football Analysis: Week 8 Gameday Injury Update
October 27, 2013
Week 8 Gameday Injury Update
1. Jimmy Graham - Graham is still healing from a foot injury that he suffered two weeks ago when the Saints lost to the Patriots. Graham is questionable to play this week, and his fantasy owners need to check his status on gameday. If Graham does not play, there are several players that could step up and fill the void left by Graham. Ben Watson is the Saints back up tight end and he could see an increase in targets. Kenny Stills is another player that could see a few more balls thrown his way. And finally, the forgotten man in New Orleans, Lance Moore, should be suiting up this week for the Saints and he makes for a very sneaky play if Graham does not take the field.
2. Demarco Murray - The rumors out of Dallas all week were that Murray had a good chance to play this Sunday when Dallas takes on Detroit, but now that we are getting closer to game time, those rumors do not appear to be true. Murray is listed as questionable, but now there are reports suggesting that Murray will not play this week. Murray owners and those who picked up Joseph Randle need to monitor this situation to see if Murray will indeed suit up and play. If Murray is out, than Randle makes for a nice play.
Chuck Cook-USA TODAY Sports
3. Danny Amendola - The injury prone Amendola is looking like he will play this Sunday. Fantasy owners that invested in Amendola will need to double check the active/inactive list from New England to verify that he will infact suit up, but all signs are pointing to him playing. If Amendola takes the field that would mean a decrease in targets for Edelman and Dobson. With Gronk back in the mix and if Amendola can stay healthy for a few games, then Edelman will no longer be a reliable fantasy starter.
4. Dwayne Bowe - Fantasy owners are not relying on Bowe like they had hoped they could when they spent an early round pick on him, but with six teams on bye this week, some fantasy owners will have to use Bowe this week. Now Bowe is on the injury report because he is dealing with groin spasms and he is considered questionable to play Sunday. Fantasy owners that are planning to using Bowe this week need to verify that we will indeed be active this week, and if Bowe does not play then Donnie Avery becomes a very interesting last minute waiver wire addition.
5. Demarcus Ware - Ware will miss this week's game against Detroit, and his absence will have a big impact in this game. The Dallas defense has been a good fantasy play this year, and they did very well last week against the Eagles without Ware on the field. However, the Lions offense is clicking much better than the Eagles offense and Stafford is on a roll right now. The Cowboys defense does not make for a good fantasy play this week since Ware will not be on the field to pressure Stafford.
For Fantasy Football Updates and Insights follow Jason on Twitter @TheSuperCommish